Cats bred to look like wolves

It occurs to me that the Lykoi doesn’t look anything like a wolf, but it does look an awful lot like Hollywood werewolf makeup. Hmm…

To me, that sounds like spinal and brain infections that lead to swelling and tissue death.

Necrotizing ==> tissue killing
encephalitis ==> brain swelling
meningo ==> affecting the menengial space between the spine/brain and the bone.

I wanted lapcats, and I’ve got them. I wanted purring cats, and I’ve got one – the other’s purr is so quiet that I can’t detect it except by a finger on her throat. Cats is cats.

I will agree with you on the more extreme breeds. I will disagree with you on breeds, and breeders, as a whole. Sorry, but a few bad actors and some specific bad history, does not tar a whole group.

Aw. Derpasaur.

My big grey man-panther is totally the strong silent type (unless you put him in a carrier to go to the vet - then he has a totally ridonk baby mew that always makes me think of Mulder’s “girly scream”.) But my crazy tuxie* and bossy old grande game tortie make up for him in spades. In fact I’m currently being lectured by them both, though god only knows what I have done now to displease the feline overladies, as they have both been offered crunchies, gooshy füd, and pettings.

*When they map the cat genome, I hope they ID whatever it is that makes tuxedo cats completely (adorably) mental. Zorya Vechernyaya is only my second tuxie, but comparing stories with other tuxie owners, they are all a few degrees off plumb in similar ways. I also hope they figure out what it is that makes torties all think they’re the Dowager Countess of Grantham. Lenore came to me as a very frail, half-starved little thing of 6 weeks. The vet cooed and fussed over her, and then in the next breath, said to me “she’s going to be bossy!” And my god was she ever right.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.