Chelsea Handler: Instagram's sexist nipple policy

[Permalink]

2 Likes

I’d be okay with a blanket (consistent) nipple ban policy.

4 Likes

But only if we could convince Putin to wear pasties.

14 Likes

An entertainer who exploits sexuality for ratings is going to make a statement about topless women being sexualized? A fun “chicken or the egg” scenario going on here. (I realize she didnt take her statement that deeply, but imo that is the base of the issue)

I love this topic. Question… why is it a negative that some cultures sexualize breasts?

2 Likes

Why are sexualized things negative?

22 Likes

I, for one, think there are too few pictures of nipples on the internet.

8 Likes

They both have very fine pairs of nipples and I fully support posting them on every site on the internet.

It’s the stuff between the ears I have problems with.

7 Likes

Good lord man, have you SEEN the internet?

Do you feel there’s not enough water in oceans?

5 Likes

Not lately. I’ve been working hard on my plan to make the internet small enough so that we can drown it in a bathtub.

4 Likes

why are sexualized women in media and video games negative?

There’s a big difference between a gun and violence loving society viewing anything sexual as harmful and the systemic harm caused by treating women almost exclusively as a sexual object and/or victim in the video game industry… If you can’t see that, we haven’t enough common ground for discussion.

9 Likes

I can’t help but be amused by that comment shown under the pic. :smile:

The Internet told me we are running out of water.

1 Like

20 Likes

21 Likes

Also facebook… though they never explicitly state whatever their policy is, it does seem to be accepting of only 50% of nipples.

Ok, I agree with your perspective, but I don’t think the difference is as 100% clear as you think it is. That’s exactly why this is an issue - where exactly do we draw the lines on sexuality in mainstream media? The norms of American society seem to say “women’s boobs = too sexual; a man’s boobs = less sexual.” Is this view sexist? In a strict sense, yes, but it also seems to be aligned with reality. In fact, I think this is the same ideology which fuels the sentiment that video games and media images featuring a woman with prominently displayed, disproportionally sized sized breasts “objectifies” them. Because again, “women’s boobs = too sexual”.

I had a sneaking suspicion that by “sexualized things” you really only meant certain kinds of sexualized things, and correct me if I’m wrong, but you seemed to confirm that.

3 Likes

Ah, a fellow tit-watcher I see.

1 Like

As long as it’s a soft blanket with a high thread count. Wool blankets make mine chafe.

9 Likes

Oh my god! We might see something that 100% of the population has! (barring injury/etc)

2 Likes