Chemist presents results of study on booze, irony

[Permalink]

He should get Robby to help.

Guess it was his dharma.

1 Like

That the scientist’s name is Tom Collins does not fit the definition of irony. It is a little funny, but not ironic.

1 Like

The New Scientist had a regularly running feature on examples of Nominative Determinism.

This list has some pretty great examples of real doctor names, including chiropractors (Dr Popwell; Dr Wack; Dr Bonebrake), dermatologists (Dr Spot; Dr Rash), and surgeons (Dr Hackman; Dr Blades; Dr Gore, Dr Hacker; Dr Payne, Dr Slaughter)…

1 Like

Yeah, that’s the sort of Alanis Morisette Irony that BB likes to mock.

2 Likes

My wife’s gynecologist is Dr. Knuckles.

Interestingly, another thing that varies between whiskys is their trace metal profile. You can tell if a whisky has been made in a traditional pot still or if it has been blended with continuous-still spirit by the level of trace copper in it.

Or, by just tasting it, but where’s the science in that.

That’s painful just to think about.

When I was very young, I went to an allergist whose name was Dr. Slaughter. After he died, my parents took me to a pediatrician named Dr. Builder. Later, I had an orthopedic surgeon named Dr. Huang, and a few years later went to another orthopedic surgeon named Dr. Wright.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.