Child upset because grandmother said "poop"

[Permalink]

I’d never thought of them like little drunks, but that’s a perfect comparison!

4 Likes

I’m concerned she’s already saying, “it’s not funny” at such a tender age. Is this where Republicans come from?

6 Likes

Well it is annoying to be laughed at while you’re reporting such a serious offence against your person.

4 Likes

Source: Random Quick Facts

6 Likes

Disgust Sensitivity and the Neurophysiology of Left-Right Political Orientations. PLoS One. 6(10): e25552.

3 Likes

I’m so glad that video is available in Ultra High Definition.

1 Like

“I am not talking to you anymore! I am not talking to you, until you learn how to hold a camera when shooting video. Because when you hold it the wrong way. it looks like poop!”

2 Likes

Or Gender Studies majors.

Not shocked to find this comment here. At least it would be a substantial complaint compared to the use of the word ‘poop’. Now I need a nap.

So… kids are like little drunks, and they’re also gross because they need snot sucked out of their noses. Duly noted! I will avoid them at all costs.

1 Like

Drunk baby:

9 Likes

Damn. That is genius.

I imagine this is how all U.S. tourists are regarded. And probably with good reason.

1 Like

That’s NOT funny!

(I love that joke)

1 Like

Well moralizing hypocrites anyway. The toddlers sense of morality is still an external set of rules that they parrot without internalizing the values yet. This is the early stages of the development of the superego And a child enjoys it because it helps them differentiate themselves as an individual. Notice that the morality is still punitive. If the moral sense is not internalized as an ethical code towards adulthood, the superego becomes more aggressive, sadistic, masochistic, and creates excessive shame and guilt.

Also, the child who is at this age is also likely to tell lies. And we might see them telling lies to get others in trouble. There we see the roots of moral hypocrisy.

1 Like

Nothing wrong with vertical format moving pictures, any more than static photos need to be always landscape. The fault, if any, lies in YouTube not getting a designer in fix their always-landscape format, so that portrait format videos have those hideous black bars either side. People are just not going to always shoot in landscape, however much YouTube resists acknowledging it or some commentors cannot ignore the black bars.

2 Likes

Look, I don’t see how it should be blasphemy just saying “poop”.

Yes, but in the morning I shall be sober and they will…um…wait a minute. I think I need a nap. And maybe a cookie and some milk.

1 Like

The moving image has always striven to be an immersive art form, and as such, has tried to make you feel you’re actually in the action. Humans have a horizontally oriented field of view, so the moving picture experience emulates that with a horizontally oriented aspect ratio. So, while you can crop a still image to fit the particular subject, the same doesn’t apply to the moving image.

For Youtube to “fix” what the photographer failed to do, would require chopping of the top and bottom of the image, which is probably a worse choice than the black side bars.