CIA torturers forced hummus, raisins, pasta and nuts into detainees' anuses

GW Bush was awesome…is there some sort of award for worst president ever?

1 Like

Didn’t the report use the foodie term ‘infused’ ? Maybe they were planning to eat the guy?

1 Like

Everyone who works for the government is such capacity should be required to to sign a document stating simply that they will treat every suspect/detainee in the same manner he expects from any foreign government holding an American captive, detailing what legal actions may be taken against them if they violate their contract. This could be renewed at annually for the duration of their employment.

1 Like

What’s more, we apparently even tortured our own informants.

Well, at least it wasn’t coffee beans, otherwise I might think they are trying to make some sort of version of civet coffee.

1 Like

Also? The report has a much narrower definition of sexual assault than I do.

9 Likes

Damn it. Just goddammit.

Canada here I come, I’m not with those guys.

5 Likes

I’m afraid that much money doesn’t exist in the world.

Maybe they should start small, like $100 per evil act. At least that way, the sum will only be a few times our GDP.

2 Likes

I should think that the CIA’s bookshelf should get old books on torture added to them. Beria etc.

Does it work? Torture is not a new technique. Seems to be a case of lost tribal knowledge.

1 Like

Well really, waterboarding was invented during the Inquisition. But now the officers can hand out mdma cookies between sessions. Seems kind of pointless to go so low tech.

Well, obviously we can’t punish anybody for this; otherwise the CIA might have second thoughts about torturing people next time.

This is way worse, than we were led to believe…I mean, can you even imagine? Un-cooked rotini? That’s definitely torture…

Sometimes No means Yes.

I’m guessing this is more along the lines of doublespeak.

“No no no, that’s not sexual assault! It’s non-voluntary direct nutritionalisation with culturally appropriate foodstuffs!!!”

1 Like

I agree. If all the public gets to hear about is EITs it is easy to equate that with a few simple slaps or such. The details fully reveal the graphic horror of it all, and make it a lot more difficult for apologists to defend.

1 Like

The whole point of torture is to upend the very nature of consent. It’s not about a victim trading information and cooperation for freedom from pain, it’s about making sure that the victim’s brain isn’t around to refuse cooperation. It’s about making sure that the option of rational refusal does not exist, because the brain is too traumatized by hallucinations, fear, pain, and suffering to make those kinds of decisions.
Waterboarding doen’t make the victim think she’s drowning, or imagine she’s driwning. It makes the victim know she’s drowning. The “higher brain”, so to speak, doesn’t get involved. in such an environment, consent is meaningless.

It’s kind of a repudiation of liberalism-- the belief that ones happiness is defined by the rational exercise of ones rights. By ensuring that rationality is impossible, those who practice torture aim to make the victims less than fully human. It is truly despicable.

9 Likes

Some Humans in the USA decided to come clean.Big up to them and all the effort to find out truths.
The reactions from the nationalists conservatives and neocons has been exactly as expected,with personal comments about those involved in discovering the truth ,hidden in the dark by the Bush gang of vultures during the 10 year era of the family that destroyed our world.
This was the time USA started destructing everything we knew as just ,until today.
they decided to use the language and pervert everything every meaning ,every word changed ,democracy all of a sudden meant attacking with bombs and killing civilians,democracy meant torture and policing,killing and violence.
Yes USA is to blame,and all those who helped the neocons.
Even those who thought they are signing up in the Army to protect their family.
They were not misguided.They all knew.We all knew.
And we kept shouting out about the crimes.
But they pretended not to hear anything .
and now they pretend that all this ,is hurting in some way USA.
Well if this is what USA is ,it better hurt it as bad as possible!!!and tyhose morons too!!!.
Enough already hypocricy in our world.
Decide to come out clean ,feel human again.decide to drop the lies,the pretences and stop talking about freedom.
there is no freedom of religion,all of them should be banned.
ther is no freedom of nothing when you leave humans to die out of starvation,and at the same time you throw away tons of food.
Justice is what we need.
drop your ideology,it hurt us all .
drop your preocuppation and your racism we dont have time for this shit any more.
Drop your job at the office,because soon ,the super market will not have anything to sell to you for food except chemicals.
and then you die.
isthis what life is about?
are you happy with this shit?
really?
keep it on then!.

A dreadful and counterproductive failure of personal responsibility and management, that’s not just done nothing to get information, and horribly undermined people’s rights, it’s handed the opposition an unnecessary propaganda victory. Horrific on every level. Those responsible at all levels should be brought to book.

1 Like

I can see the point. If it is published abroad that you are capable of visiting what is unimaginable even to your worst enemies, you might get to join the Keyser Söze Top Dog club.

3 Likes

It’s time for the ICC to start handing down indictments. Not going to hold my breath though.

2 Likes