Clever workaround for Instagram’s anti-female nipple policies

[Read the post]

3 Likes

having difficulty visualizing - got any examples?

1 Like

My brain still staggers at people inability/unwillingness to understand that double standards for men versus women are literally sexist. It’s what the very term means! If something is allowed - except if you happen to be a woman - then it is sexist and needs to go. Yet, companies such as these seem horrified at the thought of being identified with deliberately sexist policies…

9 Likes

Someone needs to turn these images into pasties.

7 Likes

Heh! Nice.

I am a time-traveler from the future. I was told to visit this year because it was (sorry, “is”) apparently a landmark year for equality. Did I miss the mark, and this isn’t mid-2015, or was I trolled? Damnit Harkness!

2 Likes

Are we actually discussing nipples, or nipples embedded within whole aureolae?

1 Like

Nipples! Many sizes, many shapes. Some on my back…

Apparently it originated with the artist Micol Hebron.

I’ve been told by my daughter’s neonatalologist that she has a third nipple. It’s really hard to see right now because she’s only 3 months (5 months actual, but 3 months development wise). So when she’s older and if she wants to wear a bikini, is anyone going to have an issue with her third nipple showing?

1 Like

There are always some people who decide to have an issue with anything. I’d say it would be their problem, not hers.

1 Like

I agree. But it’s fun trying to work out where the line of acceptability is. Is it just the nipple, nipple and areola, the whole thing with the breast tissue? What is that makes female nipples and their counterparts problematic to some people while men’s are fine?

Sexism. It’s that simple.

Definitely sexism. But seeing as very few sexist people believe themselves to be sexist I’d love to hear their flimsy justification.

2 Likes

Two questions, which you may be in a position to answer:

Do extra nipples come with areolas? If not, I would think they’d be simply mistaken for moles.

And, when will you start training her to battle James Bond? It’s best to start young.

1 Like

In the cast of my cute little mutant, no, there is no third areola.

As soon as she can properly grasp her weapon of choice. Though I’d rather train her to be an agent, like the early years of the Dame Judi Dench M. That would be cool.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.