Cookies for Breakfast (Recipe)

WHEAT BELLY!!!

In truth, I love Belvita biscuits for breakfast.

1 Like

local organic honey

Why’s that? Do foreign bees put something into their secretions that is not digestible by eco-hipsters? Why not local organic vanilla extract, or local organic baking powder?

1/4 teaspoon kosher salt

I guess the only excuse for that is if you happen to be Jewish. Otherwise, you’re just one giant tool.

Kosher salt (or koshering salt if you’re an pedant) has a larger grain size and a different shape. Table salt is much finer and packs more densely, something that’s worth bearing in mind if you’re giving measurements by volume.
If you’re watching your salt intake or just dislike over-salted baked chick-pea patties, it’s good to know what the cook was using.

More info:

3 Likes

made these this weekend. Very good, quite filling and very much like a cookie. They were worth the effort to make and I will make them again!

2 Likes

On the other hand, you’re talking about 1/4 teaspoon for a whole batch of “cookies”. The salt factor is not going to be high in either case.

The reason why they specify “local organic” honey is because they’re hipsters. They will tell you however that store bought honey is “ultra filtered” which means it could come from anywhere, including places that have heavy metal contamination.

I am not going to pass judgement on these until I try the recipe, but I am tempered by previous experiences with recipes that look like this. The people who write recipes that look like this often have forgotten what a cookie tastes like and don’t realize just how far off they are. It’s the monkey house problem:

[quote]The first time you walk into a monkey house at the zoo you are like OMG WTF is that smell… and it hits you like a ton of bricks.
After a hour in the monkey house you somewhat forget about the smell and look around a bit.
If you live in the monkey house you never notice the smell again.[/quote]

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.