Pizza a healthier breakfast than sugary cereals

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/02/25/pizza-a-healthier-breakfast-th.html

11 Likes

And tastier!

21 Likes

I like a nice thick slice of very seedy sourdough bread for breakfast with gouda or peanut butter. Some starch, some protein, and lots of fibre. Yum.

That is not dissimilar to pizza.

14 Likes

Pizza does not have to be greasy take out pizza. I had left-over home made pizza for breakfast today - not greasy, great toppings - one with peppers and pineapple, and one with mushrooms and soy protein (with fennel seed = mock sausage). Some olive oil, less cheese than take out, and slice size about 1/3 of your typical NY pizza shop.

10 Likes

Well, the mushrooms and peppers were OK.

2 Likes

I love pizza for breakfast. I also love salad for breakfast.

What I don’t love are the vast majority of “breakfast” foods. Toast is fine on occasion, so are bagels, but I don’t eat eggs, bacon or sausage, have loathed pancakes as long as I can remember, and oatmeal makes me hurl with merely by smelling it. And yeah, cereal is pointless. /anti-breakfast screed

11 Likes

Some foods more nutritional than others. Film at 11.

2 Likes

Well thank goodness for that, because I had a most healthful breakfast today!

3 Likes

Pizza with an egg on top for breakfast. Delizioso!

13 Likes

organic grass-fed milk

No one told me I was supposed to feed my milk! Is this why it keeps going bad?

14 Likes

So a .22 is less deadly than a 45.
If you skip the cheese and rather add mushrooms for some extra protein and onions or vegetables for fibre, you will be better off with breakfast pizza compared to regular store bought cereal.
Choosing saturated fats over sugar is just choosing your poison - which is yours to make of course.

My partner loves cold, leftover pizza for breakfast. I don’t get it. Even as a punk rocker I didn’t get it. Hot fresh pizza for breakfast? Tasty Town population: me, heck yes!

4 Likes

cold pizza and cold fried chicken…my two favorite non-breakfast breakfasts.

5 Likes

I might say it makes sense from an environmental standpoint, but then I also have some vague understanding that “plant-based milk” is also pretty damaging in that regard. Is this “MPH, RD” suggesting that they are supposed to be substantially different nutritionally…?

Now, if we can just figure out how to make a pizza out of our old favorite cereals… :thinking:

4 Likes

Breakfast pizza sounds like a cool idea. Just don’t add bacon. I don’t think bacon on pizza is good imo.

2 Likes

I do. But you know arguing over what goes on pizza, that way lies madness like ketchup on a hotdog.

11 Likes

I’m having coffee and cookies for breakfast.

I await judgement.

8 Likes

I use egg, cheese and prosciutto

5 Likes

Plz stop, I can’t take this, lol

5 Likes