Italians upsetti spaghetti over pineapple pizza

Originally published at: Italians upsetti spaghetti over pineapple pizza - Boing Boing

10 Likes

A personal favorite is BBQ chicken, pineapple, and jalapeno.

12 Likes

I had one some years ago from a pizza place here in town that makes tasty Detroit style pizza, they had one that had apricot and balsamic vinegar on it and it was pretty amazing

14 Likes

Pineapple Belongs On Pizza GIF - Pineapple Belongs On Pizza - Discover & Share GIFs

19 Likes

So unfair! This discrimination is pointless. I love pineapple on my pizzas and love is love.

14 Likes

Team Pineapple-on-Pizza here.

My go to pie: Pesto instead of tomato sauce + pepperoni/salami + goat cheese/blue cheese.

Your mouth will die happy.

7 Likes

Put whatever the fuck you want on your own pizza.

26 Likes

Depends on the Pizza. One wouldn’t dare put pineapple on a Chicago-style deep-dish pizza. Some sources conjecture that the original manna from heaven was Chicago deep-dish, and how can you improve on food from the Gods?

Put whatever you want on that New York abomination though.

I like the taste of pineapple on pizza, but I find it has too much liquid for me to like it overall. But this…

This sounds great.

14 Likes

Jalapeno and Pineapple was my go to pizza as a vegetarian. I loved the sweet and spicy combo and I mistakenly believed it would keep the meat eaters in the office from devouring it.

10 Likes

Generally not a fan, but the way this is described, it might make me actually like it. That may be because I have a sort of neutral relationship with pineapple to begin with- nothing could get me to like, say, avocado on pizza. The idea of people getting upset about anybody putting anything on pizza is just so petty and stupid, though. Nobody tell these folks what the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles are up to or they’ll have an aneurysm.

10 Likes

Each Other Love GIF by Children Ruin Everything

9 Likes

I’ve actually had avocado on pizza and it was great, it was handmade by an uncle who is a good cook and foodie. Would have it again

9 Likes

I don’t care what you put ON it, but a pie is a thing you put things IN. A pizza is not a pie.

4 Likes

That’s a genuine Italian thing, I’ll have you know:

11 Likes

Many kinds of pies amount to “things baked atop a crust.” Is a pumpkin pie “not a pie” because it isn’t enclosed within a pastry?

5 Likes

A pumpkin pie is a quiche. A whole pie with a top crust is a calzone. And a slice of that pie would be a taco. Neapolitan pizza is not a pie, it is a toast. It’s all so simple!

11 Likes

Firstly, a pizza is not made of pastry. This is my main objection.

Nevertheless, you are correct. A ‘pumpkin pie’ is not a pie. :wink:

I’d probably call it a pumpkin flan, if it is the same sort of thing we are talking about.

(I seem to recall having similar discussions here before. Probably needs adding to the ‘things guaranteed to provoke argument’ list, wherever that is, and then we can just move on.)

Happy New Year, everyone, by the way.

ETA or as @OhHai notes, a pumpkin quiche - although quiche should be ‘eggy’ so I’m not even sure that this can be allowed.

5 Likes

get-out

6 Likes

Eh. Italian Americans have been calling them “pies” since at least 1905, and words take on new meanings all the time. Doesn’t seem worth arguing about, but if that’s the hill you’ve decided to die on, go for it.

shopping

4 Likes