Cosplaying cowpoke Lauren Boebert failing out of her new district

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2024/03/28/cosplaying-cowpoke-lauren-boebert-failing-out-of-her-new-district.html

10 Likes

Now that is just uncalled for. Jessie is awesome.

IMG_1146

23 Likes

Perhaps she can pursue her passion, theater.

I think you meant ‘perhaps she can pursue her in-theatre passion’.

14 Likes

All hat, no horse.

19 Likes

I cannot wait to not hear about her anymore.

Until she dyes her hair blonde and joins the Fox blonde squad, I suppose.

13 Likes

The guy stage right of her has an appropriate expression.

9 Likes

That is a distinct possibility, thankfully.
And I could be wrong on my math, but I also believe that means NO Congressional Pension.

8 Likes

June 25th with any luck.

Although all of the other Republican candidates are only slightly less toxic than Bo-Bo.

7 Likes

I met Jessie and Boebert is no Jessie

21 Likes

They do allow token brunettes for the Aryan Conservative Women’s Power Hour of Hate. I remember that former-MTV VJ Kennedy was on that panel show for a while, with brown hair AND glasses. It was a very surreal experience seeing someone who used to talk up Dinosaur Jr videos scowling at the camera and growling about the evils of being poor and/or not white.

5 Likes

Per the rule:

Members of Congress are eligible for a pension at the age of 62 if they have completed at least five years of service

Sucks Bad Luck GIF by HannahWitton

9 Likes

the man-spread? :face_vomiting:
dude, if you can’t sit with your knees closer together, perhaps consult a proctologist? you’re not getting any younger, should have that checked out.

8 Likes

This whole talking-to-God thing just makes me want to ask her “Did you argue with God when He told you to give your date ‘special treatment’ in the theater?”

2 Likes

Cowgirls wore jeans at work.

10 Likes

To be fair I’m sympathic with people who can afford a hat, but not a horse, well maybe not sympathetic: I am one.

I know people love to talk about landowners as salt of the earth working people, but they are landowners. The Bundy’s are wealthy landowners not content with their wealth but needing to steal from the public…

That other wealthy people need to cosplay as landowners to masquerade as ordinary folk is fucking bizarre.

5 Likes

Unless they could find a horse skinny enough to straddle in their pencil skirts.

2 Likes

yes, but clearly, she came to “dance”.

6 Likes

ab-fab-patsy-piss-off

7 Likes

I don’t mean that literally. “All hat, no horse,” is an old saying. A fancy, city slicker type shows up in all his expensive cowboy wear. He talks a big talk, but that is all he is. All talk. He bought the gear but he’s no cowboy. He’s never worked on a ranch or ridden a horse in his life.

6 Likes

what we (growing up in texass) called a “drug store cowboy”.

or popularized by a glenn campbell song/ robert redford movie “rhinestone cowboy”.

6 Likes