This is the greatest cosplay I have ever seen

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2024/04/22/this-is-the-greatest-cosplay-i-have-ever-seen.html

23 Likes

Those rolling boulders are tenacious!

16 Likes

Truly excellent work.

9 Likes

This is very much a wonderful thing!

11 Likes

:: is in need of a grin-ectomy from the cute ::

1 Like

There’s a particular class of cosplay that I see in (pictures from) cons - particularly funny/clever costumes that are also incredibly impractical - for which I salute the cosplayers’ extreme dedication to the theme. It’s the kind of cosplay that can only exist in the open spaces of cons. I’ve seen a number of cosplays that straddled the line between costume and set, for example - basically large, stationary constructions (that might move with several people pushing them) and are impossible to do anything in, and must be incredibly tiring. This isn’t quite as extreme, but you couldn’t get through a door in it - I wonder how they even got into the space in the first place.

2 Likes

Why should it be practical? It is not like they are going to run a marathon

…Oh

They missed the scene where the rock rolled down the escalator :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Im/practical within the limits of just being at a con. It’s some serious dedication to make a costume that means you won’t be able to go anywhere or do anything at the con itself. (I suspect this is gotten around by simply getting out of the costume for much of the time, but that’s its own logistical headache.)

2 Likes

While I agree that is amazing I beg to differ on the greatest:

11 Likes

Sad Tears GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants

6 Likes

Sorry, not sorry.

2 Likes

Took me a second.

Very well done… though the most traumatic scene in the Neverending Story is not one I’d want to recreate, personally.

There are other, more light hearted homages that one could do:

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.