Cylindrical, quivering, gelatinous, tinned 12-course meal

Please don’t get me wrong - Ensure and similar products have their uses. My dad had to live a few weeks on stuff like that after surgery and it kept him alive. And some flavors were actually not bad. :smile:
But Soylent has another background: It started as an experiment of a single person (the now-CEO Rob Rhinehart) who wrote about it on his blog. People approached him to release a recipe or even a finished product. Now that’s not what I would call “marketing”. He even called the stuff “Soylent”, for crying out loud!
Of course you are free to use Ensure® as your source of Complete, Balanced Nutrition®. It won’t go away because of Soylent. But me, I certainly want to try a product where the first three ingredients are not sugar, sugar and sugar and that doesn’t contain any GMO based protein or rapeseed oil. And where I know the origins of the ingredients. And that by the way costs only a third.
So, it seems that yes, I think this “marketing group that barely have any experience in the medical field” has indeed developed a product that is better than Ensure. At least within my personal definition of “better”.

Are people not getting that this is basically an art project? I took it as a pisstake on premade, ready-to-eat “gourmet” foods, and it reminded me of the infamous Nutraloaf.

1 Like

I want to buy one for all my ocd friends that hate when different foods touch each other on the same plate.

2 Likes

I felt an actual pang of disappointment when I clicked through and discovered it’s not something I can purchase and enjoy.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.