Danish dough whisk, fantastic kitchen tool

There’s a reason maize is called “sweet corn” in the rest of the world, where “corn” means grain generally…

2 Likes

It’s not sweet!

But it’s definitely 100% cornmeal I grew up with. Delicious.

1 Like

White corn has a much lighter taste than yellow corn. So cornmeal made from white corn has a more subtle taste to it.

Then you’ve been eating the wrong corn, my friend. I definitely notice the sweetness in farm-fresh ears. Less so after processing, I admit.

Oh yes, cornmeal is sweet. The recipe above (ain’t no yankee cornbread) isn’t - salt needs reducing.

1 Like

Ah - I’m a yellow corn fan then.

I’m a yankee (well, a new englander; to us a yankee is someone in Maine), but I agree that good cornbread is a delight.

1 Like

ew! What’s that cob holding? Eurgh!

Who’s a yankee if you live in Maine??

I lived in Connecticut a while, liked it there. That’s where I got my cornbread taste. Also my happy memories of Sweet Patater Pah.

Now of course, thinking it all through, I want some Clam Chowder. Little harder here as the Englanders don’t eat much in the way of clams, and the clam sellers seems to think they should taste like pickled whelks, which is a bit of a chowder buzz-kill.

Someone who eats apple pie with cheddar for breakfast.

1 Like

They do that up by Mattawamkeag Lake, y’know. Darn Yankees.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.