Decrypting Rita: science-fictional webcomic about parallel worlds and doomed romance

[Permalink]

The graphics for this are absolutely stunning, but it IS strange that the type is so dang small in comparison to the massive art. The small type turns this potentially awesome venture into a lesson in squinting. Even on my 30-inch display, it simply doesn’t work. And even at twice the size, the type would barely be decent. The great graphics aren’t enough to save this. Pity, it has potential

1 Like

Agreed. The text needs to be about double the size.

Hmm. I’ve had a total of one complaint about the text size in the three years I’ve been working on it, and now suddenly a bunch here and elsewhere. Funky. Maybe it’s accidentally self-selected for people with sharp eyes or something.

I also recently added some clever resizing javascript during a site revamp, maybe that’s part of why. I turned it off - if anyone who’s been finding it too squinty feels like looking again, let me know if it’s still too tiny.

I don’t have any problems with the text size on my laptop. I don’t know what people are complaining about.

This is a beautiful comic. I love the click-to-scroll format, especially when reading it in fullscreen. And the story, as far as I’ve read it, is great too. You did a really great job there!

Great webcomic. The art and story are fantastic.
I’m fine with the text size (22" desktop monitor). Maybe it’d be more tricky on an iPad or whatever. Bigger text would probably get in the way of the art in the dialogue-heavy panels.

Yeah, I don’t have a problem with the text size either. However, the big kickstarter banner that I can’t seem to get rid of that covers the top right corner is kind of a pain. Ahh - but the reason for that is because I’m using click-to-continue, but actually clicking on the NEXT PAGE OVER (which is partially obscured by the banner, but still visible on screen) instead of the “current” page. That’s what I get for having a nice big widescreen monitor, I guess :slight_smile:

For some reason, the malware software I use marks your web comic as unsafe. clicked thru anyways. No big alarums went off . . .

Nuke Anything Enhances zaps it with a single right-click. I luuuuurve NAH :smile:

Well for you and @wearysky, if you are using Google Chrome like God intended, it’s easy.

Press f12, select the little spyglass :mag: icon at the bottom of your browser to enter selection mode, select the element you want to remove with your mouse, then press del. Then press f12 to close the inspector panel when you are done.

It’s really that simple.

2 Likes

Haha :stuck_out_tongue:

I moved 2 posts to a new topic: Is Chrome crashing for you here on BBS?

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.