Did you ever want to play questions?

I could also point out that Don’s statment isn’t actually a question, but that would be petty, wouldn’t it?

3 Likes

We aren’t too picky here about the actual question format… after all it is supposed to be for fun isn’t it?

1 Like

Who got banned?

1 Like

Isn’t that tricky to answer since the account is gone, and the name wasn’t memorable anyway?

No-one who’ll be missed?

2 Likes

But in which thread? And what particular line of bullshit were they spreading?

2 Likes

This one?

And wasn’t it mostly homophobic threats?

3 Likes

Do you think I could get banned for making homophonic threats?

Like perhaps, “I am gonna beet ewe up with my bundle of styx”?

3 Likes

Doesn’t that sound confusing?

1 Like

Don’t you already know I surround myself with discord, strife, and just a pinch of ineffective villainy?

2 Likes

Did I have a good thanksgiving, who do you think you’re talking to?

(We did a 22lb bird on a rotisserie outside for 5+ hours. And it was amazing.
Then there was some drama and someone stormed out upset, which was amusing if only because we were on an island. :wink: It ain’t Thanksgiving if there isn’t a fight a the table!)

8 Likes

Ever want to say Feck It and make an original T day meal? You know they served oysters, pigeon, duck, cornbread, chestnuts, and (wait for it) smoked eel?

(The USA version did, but I’d be surprised if our northernly neighbors were that much different (when do I get my invitation?))

2 Likes

Vashon?

1 Like

Did you know I stalked a chef for about 8 years (OK, not really, but there were a lot of unanswered emails) to get his corn pudding recipe after I’d had it at a family reunion Thanksgiving luncheon? And when I finally got it, he’d obviously done the usually sneaky thing of omitting SOMETHING so that it’s not really the same dish? How much do I hate that guy, really?

7 Likes

Cook it as it was once upon a time?

As someone who collects and reads old cookbooks for fun, I’m pretty sure the answer to that is NO OH GOD NO…

Why did the cook oysters? I do not understand… why? UGH! GROSS!

2 Likes

Can we compromise on oysters Rockefeller, and maybe some dynamite mussels?

Maybe on the mussels? But why do you want to cook oysters? Are they not delicious enough on their own and raw for you?

Oh, don’t get me wrong, but can’t I love the forbidden fruits de mer in all their forms?

(I gots the gout, shellfish has to be a rare treat)

2 Likes

Isn’t this going to be a lovely meal, with all the side dishes left for me to gorge on?

(Seriously, even as a child I would proclaim every Thanksgiving that the turkey was superfluous with all the other fantastic options on the table.)

2 Likes

What’s the secret ingredient?

?

3 Likes

Well that sounds entertaining. No drama but since MrsTobinL is Canadian we had a bit too big but very tasty turkey breast rubbed with garlic and herbs then roasted with white wine in the bottom of the pan, sauteed green beans and celery, baked sweet potatoes, and mixed berry pie from Trader Joe’s. How does that sound? Anyone want leftover turkey?

3 Likes