#1 By: Rob Beschizza, July 5th, 2013 09:10
A shopper fled from an Asda supermarket in Edinburgh, Scotland, after being confronted by a "dragon" in the toilet—a creature that turned out to be a harmless monitor lizard. The lizard was rescued by animal welfare officers, who have named it Lulu. [The Scottish Sun] READ THE REST
#2 By: Jardine, July 5th, 2013 09:51
It doesn't seem like the person who found it called it a dragon, just The Sun. They do confuse the issue by using the headline "I found dragon in Asda toilet". The person who found it is only quoted as thinking it was a crocodile or snake.
#3 By: Allen McBride, July 5th, 2013 10:34
The headline is also confusing for American readers, because when we say "toilet" we mean the actual porcelain equipment, not the whole bathroom. The lizard, fortunately, was on the floor.
#4 By: daneel, July 5th, 2013 10:35
I've encountered less pleasant creatures in many an Asda.
#5 By: gmbradley, July 5th, 2013 12:00
"The reptile — a harmless African Bosc monitor lizard — was rescued from the store in Edinburgh’s Leith by animal welfare officers after he raised the alarm."
That's a smart lizard. Also, that Asda is scary enough at the best of times.
#6 By: CLamb, July 5th, 2013 13:18
If I encountered a screaming humanoid life form in the rest room after just crawling out of a sack I would raise the alarm too!
#7 By: Antinous, July 5th, 2013 19:03
No, seriously. It was a dragon.
#8 By: TimmoWarner, July 5th, 2013 23:24
#9 By: sockdoll, July 6th, 2013 00:57
a harmless monitor lizard
Some of them can have a fairly nasty bite, from what I've read. They are somewhat venomous, and their bites supposedly become infected easily and heal slowly.
Maybe the Asda toilet monster wasn't that kind though.
#10 By: Jardine, July 6th, 2013 03:20
I like this dragon better. It's even papercraft.
#11 By: Rob Beschizza, July 10th, 2013 09:10
This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.