'ExoMount Touch' Universal Car Mount: $20 With Free Shipping

[Read the post]

1 Like

iOttie mounts, similar gooey suction cup, similar price = options. Just sayin.

I literally just ordered that one from Amazon yesterday, for the same price. Although I would have liked some Boinger-recommended suggestions as this is the 4th or 5th car mount Iā€™ve gotten. I keep breaking them.

Yep, Iā€™ve used the iOttie Easy One Touch Windshield Dashboard Car Mount Holder for over 3 years now. Works great, and the positioning arms have more options than the ExoMount. It also has ā€œfeetā€ that the phone rests up against, that are adjustable. This means the phone is positioned in exactly the same place every time. Thatā€™s important, because you donā€™t want the holding clamps to hit the phoneā€™s side buttons. Itā€™s got a 4Ā½ star rating (out of 5). Out of nearly 14,000 reviews, 71% gave it a 5 star rating.

A cheaper one of these would be cool

Considering how quickly my battery drains when Iā€™m using the phone for anything, I think Iā€™d need a charging pad built into the mount.

Any ideas on a cheap one?

I just got http://www.amazon.com/TechMatte-MagGrip-Magnetic-Universal-Samsung/dp/B00V54LQO4 for my trip to re:Invent from San Diego to Vegas, and I like it a lot.

I donā€™t really use my cd player much anymore. Fuck optical media.

I literally had the CEO of EXOGEAR threaten to sue me, call my boss (because he claimed I wrote my Amazon review on a work computer), and cuss me out several times because his product failed a few weeks in and when I called customer service, they claimed that if failed because of ā€˜normal wear and tearā€™ā€¦ummmā€¦this is what warrentees are designed for. NORMAL wear and tear. It was only like $20 and I figured instead of arguing with the company any further, Iā€™d write a bad review on Amazon.

Apparently CEO Justin Lim has a habit of doing this sort of thingā€¦the person that ran his customer service called me on a non-business number a few days later and tried to take care of it and something I said must have set him off because he said it was a semi-normal thing. HOWEVER to do this, Iā€™d have to take down my Amazon review. Nope. And then more threats from Justin.

I would suggest anyone thinking of buying anything from ExoGear to avoid it.

2 Likes

A magnet mount is much cleaner looking, and I prefer the cd slot attachment too. The magnet is strong enough so that you can put in the charge cord with one hand. Example: http://www.amazon.com/WizGearTM-Universal-Magnetic-Swift-SnapTM-Technology/dp/B00NE4O672/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1444653090&sr=8-3&keywords=car+mount+cd+slot+magnet

I kind of laughed at the number of options that mounted in your CD slot. My car is old enough to have its own driverā€™s license. I still have a tape deck.

I had two that mounted in the vents, but they eventually break when Iā€™m adjusting the angle. The carā€™s an old Saturn, with the ridiculously sloped windshield, so I donā€™t want the mount there as itā€™s never at a convenient angle. Iā€™m hoping the one I bought stays stuck to the textured dash.

At this rate Iā€™m going to have to buy a new car to accommodate a phone mount.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.