Father's Day Gift Guide

[Permalink]

Gotta watch them Fatherā€™s Day gifts.

6 Likes

EVERYONE KNOWS ALL THE REFERENCES Ā 

3 Likes

ā€œWhat To Get For The Man Who Has Eyelids That Have Grown Cancerously Across His Eyeballs, Leaving Only A Pair Of Grotesque, Desperately Shrinking Pinholesā€

4 Likes

Jeezum crow, if youā€™re going to suggest socks at least make them Darn Tough. http://darntough.com Made in the US and guaranteed for life. Yes I wore some out and yes they replaced them for free no questions asked except for my incredulous. ā€œReally, I just go pick out a new pair and give you this old holy pair?ā€.

1 Like

2 Likes

Mr Wuffles, Long Distance Love & Sloth prints link all read $200. Hardly enticing to click the links!

Good thing they are really all under $30.

1 Like

Fixed now.

1 Like

Not one of you has liquor and smokes on their list?

6 Likes

Sorta figured someone would have already posted this pic ā€¦

Socks
Just get him some goddamn socks.

3 Likes

A cheap acrylic cube!! How did you know?!?

1 Like

Rob wins.

I believe I had the original ā€œMoscow puzzlesā€ (called ā€œŠœŠ°Ń‚ŠµŠ¼Š°Ń‚ŠøчŠµŃŠŗŠ°Ń сŠ¼ŠµŠŗŠ°Š»ŠŗŠ°ā€, or ā€œMathematical Witā€ here).

Maybe this one should be given from father to son, but, yeah, I can testify thatā€™s a good book. Too bad that it wasnā€™t republished in Russia, as far a I know (thankfully, downloads are abound).

I donā€™t put them on my list. You can never trust them to get the right stuff.

2 Likes

2 Likes

Just what he needs to wear when watching his DVDs of the entire run of Seinfeld.

ā€¦and got roundly berated for it. Maybe I should have let you go first. :smiley:

EVERYONE KNOWS ALL THE REFERENCES

Itā€™s an interesting superstition. :smiley:

1 Like

I made my fatherā€™s day gift months ago. I tied two classic Atlantic salmon flies out feathers from a turkey I hunted and harvested myself. Itā€™s really tricky getting the feather fibres (called slips) to marry together but the end result is something to be proud of. Iā€™ve mounted them in a shadow box that my Dad can put on display for anglers and non-anglers alike to enjoy. Iā€™d upload a picture but this new BBS thinks Iā€™m a new user (even though it was able to find my profile picture from my old boingboing account from years ago) and wonā€™t allow me to upload photos.

Oh well, I guess rather than show off the gifts weā€™ve made ourselves, we should just buy something that BoingBoing endorses from this list of thoughtless, unnecessary doo-dads.

3 Likes

Oh post it already, I want to see, I want to see!

1 Like