Flowing lava engulfs a can of Chef Boyardee ravioli

What’s supposed to happen:

The shot zooms out from the sputtering can as we see NICK OFFERMAN approach, wordlessly adjudge the meal “done,” extend a grocery grabber, and fish out the can from the lava. After dipping the can in a water basin to remove any offending lava, he nonchalantly grabs the can with a gloved hand and makes to taste his handiwork. He blows on the spoonful of ravioli and pauses to address the audience:

“When camping out on the Big Island, I like to take advantage of the local terrain features.”

3 Likes

Absolutely my favorite borderline-food food item.

I was disappointed it wasn’t a full one, I had a lot of fun with a can of sausages in lard and a fresnel lens a while back http://vimeo.com/6262124

2 Likes

You are a happy mutant, indeed!

That’s how I want to go…in the slow warm embrace of molten love.

1 Like

It’s a sacrifice to the Flying Spaghetti Monster….all power to His noodly appendages.

4 Likes

A 44 magnum hollow point and a can of creamed corn is also entertaining.

Yeah. NO.

1 Like

There’s something in it causing a ton of steam at the beginning - either it’s partly full of water, or someone got halfway through eating the ravioli and realized that it was better to kill it with lava.

5 Likes

I’d like to put furniture in the lava and then jump from couch to chair and back again without falling in.

4 Likes

I was a bit disappointed none of the promised follow-up videos appears.

BACON LAAAAAAAANCE!

1 Like

I could watch this all day.

Why must you lie to get hits? Why?

This can was empty!

This was not a can of ravioli!

What kind of sick person does this?

I don’t want to live on this planet anymore.

3 Likes

There, there. (gets up to prepare non-optional hot beverage)

Since this lava travels at around the speed of a not particularly energetic tortoise, not dangerous at all, unless you decide to lie down and have a nap next to it. I’ve been close enough to this sort of lava on the Big Island to poke it with a stick. It tends to be slow and predictable once it gets to this stage. Closer to the vent, not so much.

1 Like

How does it lava? Will be a nice double feature with “Will it blend?”.

1 Like

I could watch an entire movie comprised only of lava flow. And then I would watch the sequel: Lava Flows 2 - The Reckoning.

1 Like

Please give props to the original person who filmed it - he runs a blog called Lavapix. I know that the net has become an echo chamber of sites that survive by endlessly forwarding links without attribution, but Boing is no Buzzfeed and should do better :smile:

1 Like

Ramen. That volcano needs more beer.