Flowing lava engulfs a can of Chef Boyardee ravioli

Ah yes - here’s my sausage version, there’s no video of the liver rocket yet though. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fh9ZHx7YcqM ignore the cucumber heading, the newspaper who filmed this for their website fixated on the cuke I packed the sausages in for some reason.

1 Like

In Ye Olden Times, when the US Military still used canned “Type C” rations, a standard prank was to throw the little can of peanut butter or cheese spread into a fire, and walk away. Some time later, generally ~20 minutes or so, it would explode.

The lid typically blew off with a loud BANG!, but other than that, nobody got hurt. I know, because a can of GI Peanut Butter was thrown into MY campfire while out on a Boy Scout camping trip. I was MAYBE 4 feet away: I had the crap scared out of me, but no actual injury.

Apparently, the failure mode is the lid explosively decouples from the can, but that’s it. . . no sharp edges, no shrapnel. . .

1 Like

Surely you mean Lava Flows 2: The Quickening ?

2 Likes

I find the decision to place burning sausages inside a cucumber to be eminently reasonable.

1 Like

I’ll ALSO note that both the Peanut Butter AND the Cheese Spread also made workable candles. Insert a wick and light. The PB and Cheese Spread cans were generally NOT missed, because they (1) only tasted vaguely peanutty/cheesy, and (2) were oily as hell and had a REALLY wierd “mouth feel”. The newer MRE versions, at least in the late 80s, had the virtue of at least TASTING like Peanut Butter or Cheese. They were still rather greasy, just another way they stuff calories into combat rations. . . .

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.