Gallery of Russian criminal tattoo police file photos

[Permalink]

Eye tattoos are made by inserting a metal spoon under the eyelid so that the ‘needle’ doesn’t pierce the eye.

That phrase gives me the Jibblies.

4 Likes

Then don’t do an image search for Scleral tattooing

5 Likes

Always did think that tattoos were little more than bar codes for the authorities…

1 Like

wow, is that a real thing? just when you think you’ve seen it all…

3 Likes

Four dollars dollar bills? No doubt why he is in jail!

-Hey Dimitri, what are you printing?
-An bill.
-A four dollar bill?
-Yeah, I though that one dollar was too little but five was too much. So I settled for four,
-Uh… makes sense.

1 Like

Double-Jibblies. Woogely boogely bogogoaboooooobl.

2 Likes

I remember joking with a friend back in early '90’s that bone piercing was going to be the next big thing. I never would have though of this though. I’m going to stay away from Google for a bit.

1 Like

For some reason, that doesn’t creep me out as much. I think maybe because touching the eye with the needle is what you’re trying to do there, rather than just being a potential accidental side-effect… Not something I’d ever do, mind you, but it doesn’t wig me as much as something that could be an ‘oops’ moment…

1 Like

If this subject interests you, you may also like these books Russian Criminal Tattoo Encyclopaedia volumes 1 - 3 “Danzig Baldaev’s unparalleled ethnographic achievement, documenting over 3,000 tattoo drawings, was made during a lifetime working as a prison guard.” All three volumes are in my local library’s collection (Portland, OR).

2 Likes

I have one of the volumes of that set and dang if there aint some creepy stuff in there.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.