Generic 2016 US Election Cycle Recycling Bin

Certainly better if Ryan can get a plausible surrogate to introduce himself as a candidate. It’s a pretty savvy testing of the waters. Neither Romney nor Ryan lose much in being a brief blip in this election news cycle.

1 Like

Some people on the interwebs seem upset by this. Wonder what it is? I guess a refiling of an old organization, financial stuff?

4 Likes

Another car crash of a debate.

I do like presenting Trump with power points to get him to explain how his imaginary budget cuts will work. Kinda weird since the GOP always uses ludicrous made up numbers like that.

1 Like

The Twitter chatter while it was happening made it sound like more of the same. I missed the debate because I was working on alternate debate related activities preparing for the inevitable Trump/Pricklepants/Clinton debate:

9 Likes

I can’t bear to watch it after the week I’ve had–as The Onion had it, the white hot seething ball of rage being beamed out to the Little People is not one I wish to share.

http://www.theonion.com/video/after-obama-victory-shrieking-white-hot-sphere-of--30284

8 Likes
1 Like

Now Trump is getting (sort of) support from the (sort of) Democrat side.

Jim Webb, the brief Democratic presidential candidate, former senator from Virginia, decorated combat veteran and Emmy-winning journalist, declared on TV this morning that he would not vote for Hillary Clinton, who’s making a very strong run for the Democratic nomination.

But he might vote for Trump, Webb said.

“I would not vote for Hillary Clinton,” Webb said on MSBNC.

And Trump? “I’m not sure yet,” Webb said. “I don’t know who I’m going to vote for.”

Webb went on to explain, “If you’re voting for Hillary Clinton, you’re going to be getting the same thing,” wheres if you vote for Trump, you might get something “very good or very bad” but who knows?

Of course, this is a man who bragged during a presidential debate about how he was proud of killing someone, so…

6 Likes

I guess he’s new to the US political system. Perhaps one day he’ll discover the option of not selecting a candidate, or even doing a write-in protest vote for, say, a pet hedgehog.

4 Likes

We finally have the explanation of the hostage stare:

8 Likes

Even a Canadian-born hedgehog with beady little eyes.

9 Likes

I’m reaching out to the candidates now:

15 Likes

I don’t know, I think it definitely helped the current level of political discourse in this country to have Mr Trump tell us how beautiful his hands are, and that his penis is, indeed presidential material. I suppose I should be relieved that he didn’t choose to produce corroborating evidence or witnesses.

7 Likes

It’s said that Republicans started the impeachment process against Obama long before he was sworn into office. This will be business as usual from now on.

Chris Christie landed the killing blow against establishment candidate Marco Rubio’s campaign… and then dropped out. And then endorsed Trump. There’s a good chance he’ll be Trump’s running mate.

Which raises the entertaining possibility that if Trump wins, the Republicans impeach their own leader to put Christie in charge.

The solution: Use Sarah Palin as impeachment prevention. Sure, it’s doubtful that Trump think’s she’s anything more than a dingbat. But would Congress impeach Trump if it put Vice President Palin in command?

5 Likes

12 Likes

Looking like a good day for Cruz.

Honestly, I don’t know how to feel about the Republican primaries. Their voters seem hell-bent on picking one unacceptably awful candidate or another.

4 Likes

Perhaps this is evidence that Trump actually has a small caucus.

The modern GOP primary-voting base is a terrifying thing. I kind of think the people backing Cruz are scarier since they’re flat-out theocrats.

The Dem. race is barely being covered, which is frustrating.

4 Likes

The dislike of Cruz by those around him in the GOP is no secret. Trump is the only thing between him, the nomination and control of the party.

It may be that mainstream Republicans aren’t so much pro-Trump as anti-Cruz, preferring a defeat in the election to Cruz taking control. It’s like a fox caught in a leg-hold trap, gnawing its own leg off to escape.

2 Likes

Okay, you guys, Ted Cruz is a very uptight religious homophobe who sings show tunes…

And then there’s this:

1 Like

5 Likes

(Pictures the scene in Animal house with Cruz as the folk singer on the stairs, and Trump in John Belushi’s role…)

5 Likes