German panel on anti-semitism fails to include jews

[Permalink]

Really, now, Germany.

8 Likes

I appreciate the donotlink to Fox News, but can we get a heads-up for the ultimate source instead of a blind link?

1 Like

It shouldn’t have been difficult to get in.

5 Likes

I’ll edit it for you. Sorry. I thought the Donotlink would handle it.

1 Like

Makes total sense. There are hardly any anti Semitic Jews after all, why would they need to attend a panel?

Also my phone auto correct changes Jews to Jesus.

5 Likes

"No one could imagine planning a conference on discrimination against Muslims without Muslim participants, or a panel on abuse of women without a woman.”

• Annetta Kahane, Amadeu Antonio Foundation

You wanna bet?

5 Likes

It reminds me if this item from last year: http://blogs.seattletimes.com/today/2014/03/whites-unwelcome-at-college-diversity-happy-hour/

You think!?

The last time a panel in Germany got together to discuss the problem with – aw, screw it. @SpunkyTWS covered it.

3 Likes

You fail at analogies.

4 Likes

The problem was they went door to door knocking and shouting “It’s the government, we’re looking for Jews!”. Understandably all the Jews went and hid.

8 Likes

In a perfect world you would not need a member of the affected minority to have an effective working group, just the most qualified panellists. In a perfect world you also wouldn’t need an anti-Semitism panel.
It is a matter of respect to at least have a representative present though.
OTOH had the panel wanted to release a controversial opinion it would be far easier if they had a few Jews on leashes to deflect criticism.

Better analogy:

Congressional Birth Control Hearing Involves Exactly Zero People Who Have a Uterus

6 Likes

Also:
Anti-extremist/terrorist summit in Washington exclude extremists and terrorists from participation:

1 Like

What’s wrong with just using rel='nofollow' ?

Thanks to this oversight, now they’ll never know what Jews think of antisemitism.

Excuse my ignorance, but isn’t the purpose of using Donotlink is to deny FOX a link to an article describing cultural insensitivity?

I understand that this group may not have any sympathy for the FOX News crowd but shouldn’t this be a subject that they should be given credit for, in a encourage the good sense?

Disclaimer: NO, I’m not a FOX cheerleader.

What wonderful news! I’m going to Germany and France next month on business. Probably I won’t be wearing my kippah or tzitzit in a visible way.