Here's what happens when you touch one of the UK's Queen's Guard

And, of course, their almost fanatical devotion to the pope. One of their chief weapons.

9 Likes

I thought it was a well known fact that you could do anything you want to try to get a reaction out of a Queen’s Guard, but FSM help you if you actually touch one.

3 Likes

that sounds great, I would be willing to leave my employ as a Texas cop for that deal!

I can’t really respect guards without funny hats. Merely by being seen in public, you can tell that these guys know no fear.

9 Likes

There’d be less of these incidents if they binned the ridiculous hats.

6 Likes
2 Likes

anyone read the youtube posts related to this video?
Anyone from the London area shed some light on some of the ruder types of tourists?
The one’s in the video seem to think it’s ok/funny to piss off someone with a rifle.

1 Like

I’d be curious to know the breakdown by nationality. Who’s the most intrusive? Most avoidant? Do people from countries with basically non-contact security forces exhibit greater amity or less restraint? Do people from countries where messing with the officially blessed gunmen can, and sometimes does, get you actually shot exhibit greater antagonism or greater caution?

1 Like

It’s the United Kingdom, not America!

1 Like

As someone who works with the public and is often the object of unsolicited/unwelcome touching, I laughed for at least a few minutes (still afraid to drink anything lest I think of that clip mid swallow).

4 Likes

For that matter don’t mess with the costumed characters at Disneyland either. It’s bad enough they have to spend their days wearing heavy plush animal costumes in scorching summer heat without a bunch of jackasses giving them a hard time.

4 Likes

This is a stupid fucking tradition. I know its considered an assault on the Queen herself or some ridiculous bullshit. But a member of the military just pointed a bayoneted loaded assault rifle at a tourist. For touching them on the shoulder.

Think about what you just said. Try saying it correctly: a tourist just touched a member of the military who was patrolling with a bayoneted, loaded assault rifle. Think of any consequences as evolution in action. The tourist was very lucky to survive.

13 Likes

The silly outfit may be a “stupid tradition” but the rifle is quite real. Try going to Washington D.C. and pulling that kind of behavior on a military guard or Capitol Police officer or member of the Secret Service.

7 Likes

Or any place in the US can get you shot by the police without any touching involved.

1 Like

The highly trained, extraordinarily disciplined, and in the right - member of the military.

4 Likes

Definitely a real rifle…not as sure as others here that it is actually loaded…and if it’s loaded I AM sure that no round is chambered…

Of course it’s funny! Don’t you remember the I Love Lucy episode where she tries to get one to laugh?

1 Like

Stabbing a daft bugger sounds perfectly British to me…

3 Likes

Not disagreeing at all, but it’s kinda weird that they would still wear those really impractical bear hats.