Watch: kid gets trampled by the Queen’s Guard at the Tower of London

Originally published at: Watch: kid gets trampled by the Queen's Guard at the Tower of London | Boing Boing

3 Likes

Did I somehow miss it, or do those two videos promising footage of someone trying to start a fight with the royal guard not actually contain any such clips? (With fake thumbnail to boot.)

12 Likes

I didn’t last more than a minute in each one. Same youtuber, two different accounts. Blech.

15 Likes

So all the sleazy click-bait content-farm strategies on display, then.

10 Likes

Yet another total let-down video clip from BB, it’s a disgrace, I tell you.

11 Likes

I watched all of the first one, but it’s an 8 minute video with less than 4 minutes of content. Most of it is “wait until you see this” injected over a clip of trucks from a video game. It might actually be less than 4 minutes, even then, as at least one clip was repeated supposedly from a different angle, but I couldn’t really tell the difference in the two.

Actually have a lot of sympathy for those guards. In the USAF, I was in exactly one public parade and that was more than crappy enough for me.

8 Likes

All that fuss over keeping safe some rocks that were essentially stolen. :man_shrugging:

9 Likes

Oh wow, if you think this is video of English army on police duties being aggressive you really do live under a stone.

Don’t make armies police civilians. They are trained killers.

8 Likes

Kid shouldn’t have been there: he and their guardian should have gotten out of the way … if anything it is on the guardian to have educated their kid enough to know/be polite enough to get out of the way.

This was not a 4 years old: at the VERY least 6, but my guess is between 8 and 12.

A lesson in situational awareness, too: these guards are NOT quiet in marching on those stones. AND, whilst the video conveniently doesn’t have sound, all of these kinds of videos show that the guards always SHOUT one verbal warning. Doesn’t matter if you don’t understand the language, the intent should be clear to even a 5 year old.

7 Likes

You sound disappointed :wink:

3 Likes

I bet he’s Irish.

3 Likes

Exactly what’s wrong with kids these days! A good lack of trampling by prop soldiers enforcing protocols that are so atavistic as to be world renowned for their belligerent persistence.

2 Likes

He’s imagining Britain without a monarchy (which is technically treason).

4 Likes

Aren’t we all?

8 Likes

stopped watching the second time “guard” was misspelled

2 Likes

It’s a tourist attraction that contributes to the GDP, so the area will continue to be made easily available to “ugly” tourists, and at the expense of guards being treated as objects by said tourists.

1. The video does have sound. The time between the guards’ shout and the trampling of the child is less than a second.
  2. It probably wouldn’t even occur to many children that they might be trampled on a public sidewalk when there was plenty of space for other pedestrians (such as these guards) to walk around them.
  3. These guards are not mindless automatons. Trampling a child is a choice even if it was the official protocol for this situation. Even the tank driver in Tiananmen Square didn’t simply roll over that famous protester as if he wasn’t there.
6 Likes

Indeed. If your job insists that you trample on a child, you should probably get another job.

10 Likes
2 Likes

And the situational awareness of the guard to not knock over a kid?

1 Like