Hindus Propose Giant Monkey God Statue On Oklahoma Capitol Grounds

Not as such. But when your philosophies were dictated by a deity tends to be when it gets classified as religion.

2 Likes

I will throw in. I care nothing for Hinduism, but Hanuman seems like a pretty cool god. mostly, I wish to confound the religious right.

1 Like

[quote=“popobawa4u, post:41, topic:45027”]
when your philosophies were dictated by a deity tends to be when it gets classified as religion.[/quote]

It’s the science of Intelligent Deliberation. No need to invoke God (or even other fake gods).

1 Like

These are the same sorts of people who were working in Louisiana on a law that made public school funds available to private religious schools. They were shocked and horrified when they passed the law and discovered that other religions besides Christianity could make use of these funds for their schools as well - e.g. Muslims. It just hadn’t occurred to them, somehow, either that people other than Christians would want to make use of these new rules, or that there even existed religions other than Christianity… They’re incredibly thick, it’s just not clear just how incredibly thick they are.

6 Likes

Agents say he then admitted to them that he crashed his car into the Ten Commandments monument at the Capitol, then left his damaged car and walked to the Federal Building.
The Secret Service says the man told them that Satan made him crash his car into the statue.
He also told agents that Satan told him to urinate on the statue.
According to investigators, the man says he is bipolar and had been off his medication for quite some time.

1 Like

Many people get hung up about it one way or another. It’s just a label representing a metaphysical concept. We could just as easily use “bitcoin”, “Massachusetts Institute of Technology”, “happiness”, or “bOING bOING”. None of them are real in a concrete sense.

1 Like

To be fair, I think they only anticipated it being extended to real religions.

[quote]I am a Ronald Reagan-Carl Sagan-San Diegan-Pagan.
Every other Tuesday though, I worship Israel’s Begin.
My sect is quite a singular one, my feelings are devout.
I want my group known ‘round the school, I want to have some clout![/quote]

2 Likes

if only the satanist had used Dr. Hikita’s overthruster, he could’ve used the Ten Commandments monument to access the 8th dimension! sadly, he had Dr. Lizardo’s model, with predictable results.

1 Like

No matter where you go, there you are :wink:

EDIT:

Because two degrees of over determination allows us access to an n-dimensional space from any space that has less than n+2 degrees of freedom.

Full disclosure: Some ethanol may have been involved in this “logic.”

1 Like

Thanks for the correction! I liked the understatement in the description below the picture :

There, within his throbbing heart, the astonished audience were taken aback to find enshrined an image of Rama and Sita. Never again did anyone make fun of Hanuman’s devotion.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.