Honey-dipped nudes: photographer Blake Little's “Preservation”

[Permalink]

The dog doesn’t get it!

3 Likes

This is how you get Pooh Bear from “oh bother” to “hot and bothered.”

12 Likes

This is…bleeping…AWFUL to do to a dog. Who is no doubt confused, terrified and humiliated. What. An. ASSHOLE.

3 Likes

That “artist” is a complete asshole.

2 Likes

Hey, he signed the consent form

5 Likes

Sweet art!

2 Likes

It’s cool until the dog. Then it gets even less cool with the baby, especially as honey is potentially dangerous to the health of infants under 1 year old.

The baby is older than one, according to the video. As for the dog, I see no reason to assume it was especially distressed. Dogs aren’t particularly phased by getting dirty.

4 Likes

Some of those images are striking, to be sure. But overall it’s reminiscent of some of the self-indulgent excesses of Yves Klein.

1 Like

All I can think is… what a staggering waste of good honey. For an effect you could duplicate with (a) a synthetic substance or (b) just about any other way besides wasting gallons of actual, edible honey.

2 Likes

Dogs aren’t generally very fussed about rolling in sticky gunk. Leaving it covered in honey would be cruel, but I’m sure he had a washtub standing by. (Which the dog probably found much more traumatic than the honey, if my previous dogs are any example.)

Come on, man, it’s not like honey is a non-renewable resource. If he or his sponsor is willing to pay for it, it’s not hurting anybody.

5 Likes

To be honest I doubt the dog would be much more bothered than if it was being bathed - probably not that much different than being lathered up with shampoo, except that it tastes better. As far as the dog’s concerned it’s probably another one of those random things that humans do to him, but hey, it doesn’t hurt and he gets to have a treat at the end. Yay!

Good thing it’s a short-haired dog, though.

1 Like

Ah but is he German?

Also don’t waste honey ya goddam bastard.

Apparently it takes a dozen bees their entire life to make a tablespoon of honey. Somewhere, about a million bees are very annoyed about the waste.

3 Likes

So you’re not familiar with the bee crisis then?

The honeybee, a species responsible 80 percent of the world’s pollination, is disappearing rapidly around the world.

3 Likes

I know two that if presented with either a puddle of honey, or a pile of fox/badger shit, well…

1 Like

Aren’t bees sort of always annoyed anyway?

3 Likes

Although beetles and worms aren’t phased by getting dirty either, but I was on a shoot involving some crawling in a graveyard and their well being was supervised by the Humane Association.

No, no. That’s hornets you’re thinking of. Or wasps. Wasps are pretty bitchy, too.

2 Likes