How a TV flub flattened a career

Pay attention people. The issue wasn’t the lip synching. It was her walking off before her time was up. That is unprofessional and unacceptable on network live TV. I am sure she was seen as not worth the risk by producers after this. Especially since there are hundreds of similarly talentless people who can replace her. Your handlers will tell you you are amazing and irreplaceable. Don’t believe the hype.

4 Likes

I was actually kind of impressed by how her backup musicians kept on keepin’ on even after she’d bugged out. Hopefully, they’re still employed.

2 Likes

Once they (quickly) recovered, it seemed they really enjoyed it. I thought I could read their minds, thinking “How cool is this. We get to rock the SNL stage without her. Let’s make the most of this tossed apple cart!” And they did.

That’s where the professional part comes in. They knew their job was to fill howevermany minutes by entertaining. Ashlee probably can’t afford them now.

3 Likes

Except, of course, that she was brought back on SNL a few months later to redeem herself. Instead, she sounded mediocre at best confirming (for the nth time) her status as a talentless hanger-on to her sister’s “career.” At some point she also had half of her nose hacked off which drastically changed her look and rid her face of any cute charm it may have once had.

Came to post this Nirvana one. So classic.

They know the show must go on, because they’re not talentless. They’re actually able to do the thing they’re famous for. Simpson should take some notes.

She was the frosting on some very uninspired pop songs, so I feel it was more just a matter of time than anything. Then again I’ve never been much of a fan of pop music

I’ve seen a lot of bands over the years some in small bars others in massive stadiums. One thing that seems to be a constant with the bands that have been playing for decades is that even if their studio albums aren’t that amazing or they haven’t had a “chart topper” in ages is that in addition to being solid musicians they are also usually amazing performers that can really work a crowd and their live performances often outshine their studio work.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.