That was amazing.

15 Likes

It’s funny cause it’s pretty much true.

16 Likes

If we don’t laugh we’ll cry.

13 Likes

Indeed. And drink way too much.

17 Likes

Cry drink, and let slip the laughs of war.

14 Likes
7 Likes
5 Likes

What time does SNL actually broadcast? I notice people seem to be losing their minds because kristen stewart dropped an f-bomb. Which is so very sweet; russell brand dropped one (accidentally) on a breakfast show this morning in the UK and not a lot of fucks were given.

9 Likes

11:30 pm on Saturday nights. America is full of uptight people who think that the babbies are endangered by hearing bad words. Honestly, though I have only seen people laughing about it rather than anyone getting upset.

18 Likes

11:30pm?! Bloody hell, i was expecting, like, 9pm or something. It’s not 24/7 effing and jeffing on UK tv or anything but after the watershed (9pm) you’re allowed to get away with a lot.

11 Likes

That’s uptight, protestant Amurica for ya!

17 Likes

Strange - I actually interviewed for the job of SNL censor once and iirc there’s actually a delay in the feed of a few minutes and the censor can mute or black out the show. I guess one fuck doesn’t matter enough… or maybe the censor was asleep on the job.

Re: Melissa McCarthy - she nailed that skit. I haven’t laughed so hard since the golden age of SNL.

18 Likes

Ahh yeah, i think a lot of live broadcasts do the time delay thing in case things get a bit sweary and/or political.

1 Like

Yeah, actually, I thought that was weird that it slopped through, cause I remember hearing about there being a delay.

1 Like

A third possibility is that the censor was censored. I believe Lorne Michaels has the ultimate say and I believe is very hands-on (at least he was 20 years ago when I interviewed for the job).

6 Likes

More than being lampooned as a press secretary who makes up facts, it was Spicer’s portrayal by a woman that was most problematic in the president’s eyes, according to sources close to him.

27 Likes

There is an ocean of incredible commentary in that article, but that one really stood out for me too.

13 Likes

There seems to be a call for Rosie O’Donnell to play Bannon this week.

16 Likes

More than being lampooned as a press secretary who makes up facts, it was Spicer’s portrayal by a woman that was most problematic in the president’s eyes, according to sources close to him.

I hope that SNL and other satirists are taking note.

If I’d been casting a satirical scene and needed somebody to portray Trump in it, I’d have been tempted to cast a toddler for the role. But if ‘female’ is what upsets him, then I’m totally fine with sticking with that formula.

14 Likes