Look at the difference between Sean Spicer and Jen Psaki

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2021/01/22/look-at-the-difference-between-sean-spicer-and-jen-psaki.html

15 Likes

needs more rabbit suit

13 Likes

She’s never going to land a spot on “Dancing with the Stars” at this rate.

25 Likes

Thank goodness for this difference. It should have been like this all along - service to the citizens of the US instead of whatever that was during Trump’s interminable term in office!

19 Likes

I bet she won’t hide from the press in the bushes even once!

34 Likes

the spicer thing is intentional though - all part of trump’s long con/gaslight that the press is the enemy of the people. it shouldn’t really be a surprise that an administration without ulterior motives would have a normal press secretary…

15 Likes

If it’s just based on what I see, the first thing I notice is that Psaki doesn’t look like a child who raided their parents’ wardrobe for the first day at work.

But seriously, yes, the difference in tone and priorities is stark.

12 Likes

I hate everything about that.

29 Likes

The naysayers will just be like “Of course the media is friendly to the regime it helped put in place.”

5 Likes

The difference is like:

25 Likes

It wasn’t the inauguration where it finally sunk in and the waves of relief washed over me. It was the first press briefing. It was watching a press briefing and thinking words like “mundane” and “boring” and “normal” instead of “combative” and “surreal”.

21 Likes

Yeah it’s kind of like if Joseph Goebbels got fired and went on to parlay his infamy into a short but super-cringey career on Broadway.

17 Likes

so . . . ?

5 Likes

I loathe whoever made that casting choice.

14 Likes

Spicer doesn’t get enough credit for his daring first-day homage to the famous Talking Heads “big suit.”

18 Likes

As I recall there was some mild controversy about it at the time, but the kind of people who regularly watch “Dancing with the Stars” probably aren’t overly concerned about the ethics of promoting infamy-as-celebrity.

“Hey look, it’s that guy that they were making fun of in all those SNL skits! I remember him!”

9 Likes

19 Likes

25 Likes

Don’t even get me started.

My kid has taken a liking to the show the Masked Dancer, so I watch it with her semi-begrudgingly. Last week a dancer was revealer to be Elizabeth Smart, the woman who was kidnapped as a 14 year old and still survived.

O_o

We were both incredibly put-off by that kind of casting choice.

14 Likes

That’s gross, but IMHO casting Spicer is even worse—it’s as if they decided to make a celebrity out of the kidnapper instead of the victim.

17 Likes