How not to ground a gasoline generator

[Permalink]

1 Like

That is fucking awesome! I’d say it had to be a joke, but my personal experience tells me otherwise. When I lived in Japan, when I moved in, some people came and installed a refrigerator. Well over a year later, I was running a ground wire from a power conditioner for audio equipment in the next room to the nearest ground, which was the ground for the refrigerator (the ground is broken out into a separate wire which is screwed into the ground there.) only to discover that they’d screwed the ground wire for the fridge into the ground without stripping the insulation from it.

3 Likes

This definitely needs a bigger bucket. Something like a 5-gallon ought to work.

:smiley:

4 Likes

The application as pictured would be perfectly alright if they’d used coffee grounds in place of the dirt & pebbles as coffee has been Proven By Science to accommodate a much bigger energy kick.

1 Like

They should have pounded the ground rod through the bottom of the bucket (and the catwalk) so the exposed top part was only a couple inches high. Then it would be perfectly legit.

It’s a metaphor for big companies that consult lawyers on what would be the absolute minimum compliance of government regulations.

2 Likes

Man, those guys are so dumb. They should screw some lightbulbs into that dirt to help disperse the current. Jeez…

1 Like

It’s obviously got what plants crave

6 Likes

To be fair, pretty much anyone can rent a generator, and I sure can’t think of a series of unambiguous infographics that would convey this concept well.
Plus, it probably doesn’t need much earthing, if a charge builds up it’ll just arc to the grating it’s sat on. (mainly joking about that)

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.