IBM Watson personality analysis for Trump's "We Need Brain" speech

[Read the post]

…You have a tendency to believe positive things people say about you, especially if they cite a computer analysis…

7 Likes

Harkens back to Interpersonal Diagnosis of Personality

Leary, T. (1957). Interpersonal Diagnosis of Personality: A functional theory and methodology for personality evaluation. Ronald Press Company: New York.

https://archive.org/stream/interpersonaldia00learrich/interpersonaldia00learrich_djvu.txt

1 Like

I’ve never watched Trumps reality show. Does he have any smidgen of intelligence at all? A good business sense at least? All I get from him is jack-ass.

1 Like

You are needing Popobawa’s brains?

I just fed Watson 3528 words from my recent posts to get my personality assessment:

You are a bit inconsiderate, shrewd and excitable.You are intermittent: you have a hard time sticking with difficult tasks for a long period of time. You are unconcerned with art: you are less concerned with artistic or creative activities than most people who participated in our surveys. And you are cautious of others: you are wary of other people’s intentions and do not trust easily.Your choices are driven by a desire for well-being.You are relatively unconcerned with both tradition and taking pleasure in life. You care more about making your own path than following what others have done. And you prefer activities with a purpose greater than just personal enjoyment.

I’d say it’s fairly accurate, apart from a few big details. I do stick with difficult tasks for a long time - it’s the story of my life! Also, I am an artist, and always immerse myself in artistic and creative activities! I suppose most artists must use different kinds of language to discuss what they do. Also, it ranks give me around 0% for activity, altruism, and self-discipline - which is pretty crazy. I am a very active person, and have exacting standards of self-discipline. They probably base the altruism score upon my trust and outgoingness, which is not reliable. It’s more a factor of my openness, since I don’t claim anything, I tend to give freely.

Big Five
Openness 88%
Adventurousness 61%
Artistic interests 0%
Emotionality 22%
Imagination 93%
Intellect 93%
Authority-challenging 92%
Conscientiousness 3%
Achievement striving 16%
Cautiousness 23%
Dutifulness 3%
Orderliness 5%
Self-discipline 0%
Self-efficacy 14%
Extraversion 19%
Activity level 2%
Assertiveness 62%
Cheerfulness 7%
Excitement-seeking 49%
Outgoing 4%
Gregariousness 12%
Agreeableness 4%
Altruism 1%
Cooperation 13%
Modesty 2%
Uncompromising 2%
Sympathy 87%
Trust 1%
Emotional range 83%
Fiery 75%
Prone to worry 52%
Melancholy 97%
Immoderation 59%
Self-consciousness 89%
Susceptible to stress 56%
Needs
Challenge 70%
Closeness 73%
Curiosity 47%
Excitement 45%
Harmony 81%
Ideal 33%
Liberty 48%
Love 81%
Practicality 73%
Self-expression 13%
Stability 54%
Structure 62%
Values
Conservation 7%
Openness to change 58%
Hedonism 14%
Self-enhancement 81%
Self-transcendence 80%

2 Likes

I just fed Watson a few thousand of my words, and this was the result.

You’re joking, right? Is this Ashton Kutcher and you’re just punking me? I mean, just look at this guy. He sounds like a coked up Zaphod Beeblebrox who just snorted an armadillo who just burned a pound of meth. This is a joke submission, right guys? Guys…?

I’d say that’s pretty accurate.

5 Likes

I fed it some posts I had written between 200 and 500 words and the results were all over the map. I fed it a collection of things I had written adding up to 3600 words and it gave me an extremely accurate description of yours truly.

I take that to mean feeding it short political speeches probably won’t give you big insight into the politician.

2 Likes

I fed it “I am a fish.” repeated over a hundred times, and it gave me the following:

You are restrained, skeptical and can be perceived as critical.

You are organized: you feel a strong need for structure in your life. You are independent: you have a strong desire to have time to yourself. And you are laid-back: you appreciate a relaxed pace in life.

Your choices are driven by a desire for efficiency.

You are relatively unconcerned with both independence and taking pleasure in life. You welcome when others direct your activities for you. And you prefer activities with a purpose greater than just personal enjoyment.

I’d have given it a bonus point if it told me that I should stop stressing over the officer promotion exam, or that I have watched too much Red Dwarf.

5 Likes

Hmm. From my forum posts it gives:

You are shrewd, skeptical and can be perceived as indirect.

I can buy that, I guess. :no_mouth:

You are proud: you hold yourself in high regard, satisfied with who you are.

Content with my lot, which is nothing world class. Is that pride?

You are imaginative: you have a wild imagination. And you are unstructured: you do not make a lot of time for organization in your daily life.

The first, possibly, though hardly wild. The second, pretty far of the mark.

Your choices are driven by a desire for prestige.

Very, very wrong indeed. :confused:

You are relatively unconcerned with both taking pleasure in life and tradition. You prefer activities with a purpose greater than just personal enjoyment. And you care more about making your own path than following what others have done.

I think the algorithm might be channeling a blind reading “clairvoyant” but the accuracy is off due to lack of positive feedback. :-1:

You are the great beguiling prestidigitator! The cat is out of the bag!

1 Like

I fed it a blog post I wrote comparing the strengths and weaknesses of digital vs traditional art media and it said “…you are unconcerned with art: you are less concerned with artistic or creative activities than most people who participated in our surveys.” Aaaahahaaha

1 Like

His chief strength seems to lie in the ability to recognize an undervalued something and polish it until it makes him money.

Like the people around him. The ones from his company that he uses as “advisors” on the show are clearly business people with serious experience. They’re very effective people and Trump must pay them enough to stick around and keep building value for him.

Ivanka and Donald Jr. frequently help as advisors as well. The production people cut their segments really positively, but you can still tell they’re a couple of stupid rich kids. (Ivanka’s kinda pretty though. Sleazeball dad. Supermodel mom.)

I figure if Trump Sr. is called “The Donald”, then Don Jr. must be “The Donny”. That way you can tell him to shut the fuck up.

1 Like

A policy’s a policy. The Adams refs get likes.

1 Like

So what you are saying is he may have some good instincts, but basically he buys the smarts he needs to get anything real done.

Not all that much different than being President, albeit that strategy has yielded some of the worst Presidents in history.

As they say, it’s all in the execution. And a douchebag can do really well in business sometimes, although I’m not sure I’d apply that idea to this one. His record is mixed at best.

Working on his staff must be the ninth level of hell. He’s not even self-aware, he’s not gonna be aware of you.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.