Jimmy Savile performed sex acts on the dead

[Permalink]

Great frog rings?

From the shop? In London?

A new book, In Plain Sight: The Life and Lies of Jimmy Savile, by a man who researched Savile in the decade before his death, reports that he covered his tracks by moving into "the innermost circles of the establishment."

Where such behaviors are probably relatively commonplace. If history is any guide, anyway…

“It is said that power corrupts, but actually it’s more true that power attracts the corruptible. The sane are usually attracted by other things than power.” – David Brin

7 Likes

Neither of the linked articles actually mention sex acts with the dead. They also don’t mention rings made of glass eyes, but even if they did, I am not convinced that constitutes a sex act.

Anecdotal, again. But there were rumours at least. Theroux made his program with Savile 14 years ago.

Were there warning signs with Savile that everyone missed?

At that point all I’d heard were rumours and the rumours were very inconsistent and some of them were beyond outlandish, to do with dead bodies and things. So based on what I heard it didn’t seem to be a priority in terms of the journalistic journey we went on. His MO was to tantalise and hint that he had secrets, but one never knew whether the secret might turn out to be rather banal.

Oh good, well that’s enough for the internet.

3 Likes

Of that Theroux series, the Savile one was only the second most uncomfortable viewing, too. The Neil and Christine Hamilton one was definitely even odder.

This has been a long rumoured thing and an open secret/joke among media circles for decades.

The other thing (apart from being a nonce) is that he cheated in the marathons he did and basically got a lift to take him to close to the finish. There is an allusion to the rumoured necrophilia in the cold open of one episode of Richard Herring and Stewart Lee’s This Morning With Richard Not Judy in the late 90s

It’s one of those things I can imagine being told about but I doubt many people actually believed what they were being told and basically assumed it was some sort of joke/urban legend and really not true.

Here you go. More lurid detail.

Here’s a second source.

And police are investigating.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.