Kenneth Anger profile in Esquire UK

[Permalink]

Odds are he wasn’t palling around with Aleister Crowley in the 60s and 70s.

Anger developed an interest in Hollywood macabre at an early age. The actress Thelma Todd lived just a couple of blocks from Anger’s family home, and when, in 1935, she was found dead in her garage of apparent asphyxiation (nobody could explain the blood on her face…), he went over to watch them take out the body: “I was always doing things like that.”

They do realize that all these stories he tells are bullshit, right?

I mean don’t get me wrong I love listening to his bullshit stories, but I know the majority of them are bullshit and therefore assume they all are bullshit.

1 Like

My thoughts exactly. I clicked through to add that point myself and you got here 23 minutes before me. There is no significance in that number. Fnord.

1 Like

Yep, error. Thanks!

Um, Crowley died in 1947, so I don’t think he palled around with him in the 60s and 70s. Follower maybe.

Given the number of easily checked and dismissed claims of his that they credulously quote in the article, I think it’s safe to say that they either don’t know or don’t care.

Yeah i don’t have time to read the article right now but I’m sure it’s full of stuff that Landis debunked in the Anger book 20 years ago. It has to be intentional because there is no way anyone could do any research on Anger and not realize his life is a wonderfully complex fabrication.

when were Jimmy Page and Keith Richards ever marginal figures? jeez, what does that make us regular folk? pond scum??

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.