Kim Davis isn't doing her job. Again

In this case, the request for emails did not exclude the metadata. Forwarding is the most compliant action.

1 Like

Kim Davis is disobeying Church Doctrine, and in doing so, while

claiming a religious exemption from following the Supreme Court’s

ruling, her governor’s order, and the Judges order, she is being

hypocritical.

Why do I say Kim Davis is a hypocrite?

Kim Davis worships three times a week at the Solid Rock Apostolic

Church near Morehead, an Apostolic Pentecostal congregation (also

known as “Oneness Pentecostalism”).

From “Apostolic Pentecostal Beliefs!”
(URL at bottom)

“CONSCIENTIOUS SCRUPLES”
"We recognize the institution of human government as being of

divine ordination, and, in so doing, affirm unswerving loyalty to

our Government; however, we take a definite position regarding the

bearing of arms or the taking of human life."

(Notice members are to support government in all things except

guns and killing. Nothing about ignoring marriage laws. That’s

something Davis has decided on her own. In doing so, Davis

disobeys her church doctrine.)

http://www.angelfire.com/ky/BricksHomePage/apbeliefs.html

8 Likes

Conversation with my wife’s aunt (10 years ago when she was 55 or so)

Aunt: Say, you know about computers so maybe you know.
Me (to self): oh boy here we go
Aunt: When you fax something… How does the paper go through the wires?

5 Likes

Actually, you can’t donate blood in the U.S. either if you spent 3+ months in the U.K. during that time period.

3 Likes

You also can’t donate blood in the US if you’re a male who has ever had sex with another male. Ever. Such fucking bullshit.

6 Likes

Tried, failed.

2 Likes

You’re darling. My very own troll!

Surprised she hasn’t been recalled. Somebody tried last month, but only 750 signed up.

And then there was this with the KY state attorney general, but I haven’t heard anything since.

But really, y’all should read page 16 of this. Serious stupid government in there. Oh man, SMH.

1 Like

So, if KY law REALLY requires all records including those you want provided in E format(s), contact ACLU and ask them to assist you in filing suit. It’s a high profile very public interest case. They will probably take it. It’s probably your best option. She will fight it, probably at tax payer expense because she wants the publicity.

2 Likes

I always assumed there was a Biskwits-a random boingboing wepage generator that got mashed once a quarter.

2 Likes

Surprised she’s not including the cost of buying a fax machine for the purpose. It’s not like anyone just has them sitting about making the office look untidy these days.

You are a bad person. But very good at it.

5 Likes

We’re gonna need a bigger island.

2 Likes

Fair enough - sounds like you are somewhat knowledgeable on the topic.

I’m just saying, when my (old) company was subpoenaed, the lawyers just took our laptops as they were - with every email personal or not, every browser history, etc. I would imagine not all of that was discoverable, but it taught me a valuable lesson about separation of personal and private activities on work laptops.

It’s true that legal discovery is a much bigger deal than FOIA, but that’s a tradeoff you pay for working in the public sector. I have sympathy for lower level people who are just taking a job and doing it the best they can, none at all for people who actively sought that public office. My understanding is that Kim Davis falls in the latter camp.

2 Likes

I’m not an expert, but I hear KY law can be…slippery

10 Likes

Um, what? I’ve read and re-read this multiple times and still don’t get it. That would rule out 95% of the population of the UK from giving blood.

As far as the price, that’s actually much less than my experience with obtaining copies of records which was 10 cents per copied page.

You can give blood in the UK, but not in some other countries. The US and Australia I know ban us.

According to the American Red Cross

You are not eligible to donate if:

From January 1, 1980, through December 31, 1996, you spent (visited or lived) a cumulative time of 3 months or more, in the United Kingdom (UK), or
From January 1, 1980, to present, you had a blood transfusion in any country(ies) in the (UK) or France. The UK includes any of the countries listed below.

Channel Islands
England
Falkland Islands
Gibraltar
Isle of Man
Northern Ireland
Scotland
Wales

It also applies if you’re US military stationed in Europe at the time.

2 Likes

I was incorrect, it isn’t a permanant exclusion, just a temporary one:

Though…

I think she might be disqualified based on some of those risk factors.

I know they’re looking at changing the rule

1 Like