Lawyers for Kentucky governor says office of Kim Davis must pay $225,000 in legal fees

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/01/30/lawyers-for-kentucky-governor.html

7 Likes

I love it when bigots get what they deserve.

22 Likes

Don’t feel sorry for Davis,…

Thanks for your concern, but it’s completely unnecessary.

33 Likes

The article says the dispute is whether the State of Kentucky will pay, or whether the county clerks office will pay. In neither case is Davis personally going to be liable. (Unfortunately)

29 Likes

ugh. that sucks! : (

13 Likes

Who gives a shit.

3 Likes

Bevin is a virulent kind of Republican, but only the money-stealing kind, not the God-bothering kind. Those groups don’t really get along.

4 Likes

How would you categorize the Republicans of the prosperity theology ilk? They seem to have chucked whatever makes them Christian in favor of sucking up to the current administration for theoretical religious gain, i.e., no need pay for insurance for birth control if it’s part of your business plan, charter schools of a distinctly Fundamentalist bent, etc. Tithe! Tithe!!

7 Likes

Well done. Took your time and effort, guess you know reply to you is,

Same to you.

1 Like

You are right. I made a correction to the headline and added a note to the top of the story. Thanks!

10 Likes

Are you sure about that? From the article:

“Amid all the vitriol, all the nastiness, she stood firm. I think it’s beyond question that Kim Davis is an inspiration. Not only to leaders like myself, in the public arena and those outside the public arena, but to my children and to the children of America,” Bevin said in the video.

Only an egregiously ideological god-botherer would call this individual an “inspiration.”

4 Likes

2-Jerry-Maguire-quotes

9 Likes

Gave it all the thought it was worth.

2 Likes

Oh dear. Are those a thing now? I suppose it’s inevitable, as long as someone can make money off of it.

Eventually there will probably be a county clerk who will for some reason refuse to do something favored by Bevin and his ilk (standing up to some corporation, or refusing to sign an eviction notice, or something), and it will of course be very ironic if that clerk is compared to Davis.

2 Likes

Oh, so the taxpayers will foot the bill. Well done.

12 Likes

Seriously, we need to start making the law breakers, not the tax payers, be the first line of punishment. That being said, it’s the tax payers that keep refusing to make the law breakers responsible so it’s hard to care about them.

2 Likes

Yeah, she’ll whine about it and the kind of person who professes to be a Christian whilst thinking casual homophobia, border walls & racism are A-OK in Jesus’s eyes will be cajoled to contribute to a GoFundMe by more (materially) successful types of similar victims of cognitive dissonance so zero sympathy from me I’m afraid.

4 Likes

That kind are noisy, but there’s not a lot of them. And we Americans aren’t half as religious as we pretend to be. There’s a lot of rhetorical Christians.

2 Likes

One part of Kentucky government is going to pay the legal fees rather than the other part! Woo-hoo!

1 Like

At least the people of that county had enough sense to get rid of her. She’s was a pretty expensive civil servant.

2 Likes