Former county clerk Kim Davis hit with $360K bill for denying gay marriage licenses

Originally published at: Former county clerk Kim Davis hit with $360K bill for denying gay marriage licenses - Boing Boing

7 Likes

Next: Nurse Annie Wilkes from Misery sues Kim Davis for identity theft.

76CBE58E-490F-485F-8F53-B2C7FA93DE9C

26 Likes

Captain America Lol GIF by mtv

9 Likes

I dunno… is that fair to Annie Wilkes?

11 Likes

Donald Glover Reaction GIF

14 Likes

It was an HOMAGE…

5 Likes

Ah… like how the sledgehammer thing was a Peter Gabriel tribute?

11 Likes

If they care that much, they or the Wilkes Bros can pick up the tab.

14 Likes

For a long time I wanted her to have to pay for this nonsense but at this point I don’t even care if she ends up paying any of it or if like-minded bigots pay all her settlements. It’s still money being thrown down the drain for a lost cause and not going to some terrible politician to do further evil, at least. And I’m sure a lot of her own time and money have been ground up just having to deal with court cases, even if she didn’t pay for the lawyers. At this point just seeing her fade away as a sad irrelevancy is surprisingly satisfying.

14 Likes

Doubtless there will be a massive online fundraising campaign where the Trumpsters throw yet more of their money to these ghouls - to own the libs and do Cheesus’s work.

8 Likes

It would seem that her so-called “family values” now have a monetary value attached to them.

9 Likes

Even had this been true, I’m at a loss as to what bearing it has upon the issue.

6 Likes

Probably something like " everyone else supports her! Even these brown people from a different country! You should support her too (undercurrent: or are you less intelligent than alien brown people?)"
Like Trump and the way his campaign will group all the BIPOC people together so they can take a photo and say “even these brown people support Trump!”

3 Likes

Every dollar they spend donating to legal funds and settlements is one less dollar they are contributing to GOP campaigns.

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.