Four-time bride Kim Davis might now pay huge damages to the gay couples she refused to issue marriage licenses to

Originally published at: Four-time bride Kim Davis might now pay huge damages to the gay couples she refused to issue marriage licenses to | Boing Boing

7 Likes

IIRC the position of county clerk had been monopolised by her family for several generations and her daughter also worked for the clerk’s office.

ETA: It looks as if I was wrong about her daughter, but she did work as a chief deputy clerk when her mother was county clerk.

18 Likes

Stephen Colbert Good Luck GIF

Seriously, she can eff right off.

39 Likes

He didn’t have much choice after the thing with the sledgehammer.

76CBE58E-490F-485F-8F53-B2C7FA93DE9C

29 Likes

Dear Lord - I had fortunately blocked her from memory.

Kim Davis, Michelle Bachmann and Sarah Palin must have been the larval forms of MTG and Boebert.

23 Likes

fingers-crossed-17

15 Likes

We’re told those costs could have run into the hundreds of thousands of dollars at this point

Which they will never see because she doesn’t have it, but I don’t think that’s the point. The precedent gets established to prevent other morons from trying it.

15 Likes

13 Likes

I remember thinking of her just the other day and saying to myself, “Gosh, I hope her life is an endless parade of suffering and humiliation.”

Here’s hoping she gets eaten by giant spiders!

13 Likes

Hey now, no need to be commenting on her appearance, that’s not relevant. I myself have married three women four times. I just married the third one twice because I can’t get enough of her. We might do it a third time, too.

What’s relevant is the hypocrisy of deciding “gay marriage bad” while “divorcing and getting remarried multiple times good” despite both being points of religious no no’s.

12 Likes

Here’s hoping the “and find out” phase lasts the rest of her life.

12 Likes

Isn’t that what GoFundMe is for? /s :rage:

With apologies to Dr. John Bridge, “A bigot and their money are soon parted (when they donate it to an even bigger bigot.)”

6 Likes

36 Likes

“Four-time bride Kim Davis” - at the same time?

5 Likes

Oh no! Well never fear, I’m sure the Supreme Court can’t wait to leap to the defence of this poor oppressed Christian’s religious liberty to discriminate against those who don’t share her views, as the founders intended.

5 Likes

Donald Glover Reaction GIF

10 Likes

That’s a very low-effort Bullseye cosplay.

7 Likes

If I saw the person pictured portrayed as same on a tv show like Parks and Rec, I’d feel like they were condescendingly over the top.

But she is REAL!

I just…can’t…ugh

6 Likes

She’s just ugly in the inside. A bigot who abused what little petty public power she had. Someone enabled by wingnut welfare. I hope sue and her well off benefactors are sued into penury.

8 Likes

That’s a bit unfair to the spiders isn’t it?

6 Likes