LAPD handcuffs black actress for kissing white boyfriend

[Permalink]

1 Like

What is normal probable cause for prostitution?
In any case kissing somebody is way outside real probable cause, even if the violence was for not producing ID on request.

3 Likes

Whenever I see a story like this I thinkā€¦ā€œThere has got to be more to this than whatā€™s in here.ā€

Alas, Iā€™m seldom right.

We have a long way to goā€¦

6 Likes

Boyfriend not husband

The cop in the first picture perfectly exemplifies the face of all ā€˜Iā€™m not racist butā€™ people the world over.

Also, what is the cop equivalent of mansplaininā€™? Copsplaininā€™?

ā€œLook, why canā€™t you understand that we have to throw you in chains, itā€™s for the good ofā€¦ wellā€¦ GET IN THE BACK OF THE CAR!!!ā€

17 Likes

he does looks a bit perturbed about having driven that poor woman to tears. throw her in jail for emotionally assaulting a cop.

11 Likes

He looks like heā€™s counting off the reasons he couldnā€™t possibly be a douchebag.

ā€œWell, for one; youā€™re black in public.ā€

11 Likes

Next series of protests: inter-racial couples exchanging kisses at the site of the incident.

12 Likes

Donā€™t prostitutes avoid kissing? Or is that a movie myth?

3 Likes

I wonder if during prostitution sting operations, the cops bust in after one kiss.

They forgot to say ā€œHispanic copā€ ā€¦ might as well write it all down.

ā€¦ or was he just an average brown cop with an anglo-sounding name? Can we have a look at his genealogy chart? He looks like he had a Mexican grandma. An indigenous Mexican. Inquiring minds want to know.

1 Like

I admire people who have more courage than I do to stand up for their rights. But, if I decide to refuse to show I.D. I expect an immediate unpleasant experience.

Would a white/asian/hispanic/other woman of otherwise identical attire get the same reaction?

Some communities actually pressure their police departments to harass hos/johns. How is any poor cop going to satisfy that job expectation without insulting innocent people from time to time? Busybody prudes have a lot of influence in most communities.

Above all, Iā€™m glad that I am able to make a living without having to be a cop.

2 Likes

Profiling.

Race, trans status, etc.

And activism against anti-sex-worker laws, as with Monica Jonesā€™ case in Phoenix: http://www.swopphoenix.org/monica/

5 Likes

ā€œLock lips! Not wrists!ā€

10 Likes

Everyone! You missed the part where people have no choice but to subjugate themselves to the ridiculous and illegal requests of law enforcement, no questions asked! They have a hard job, and making them reflect on their assumptions while on duty just makes things harder for them. Only people who hate cops would want to make their jobs harder.

27 Likes

Does this profiling stand up in court or is this one of these embarrassing things which either go away for the privileged or is plea bargained for the proles without ever considering the civil rights aspects?
I suspect it often doesnā€™t even go that far and is more a harassment campaign with ā€˜legalā€™ no-charges-filed 24 hour holds and other leverage applied.

2 Likes

i believe new york city police were using multiple condoms in a womanā€™s purse as being grounds for suspicion of prostitution.

6 Likes

Just for informative purposes here: in 2004 in Hiibel vs. Sixth, the US Supreme Court ruled that you donā€™t have to produce identification cards but you do have to give your name. Where I read about it

5 Likes

What!!!?? It isnā€™t?

Well, now I have to stop looking in all those purses. Sheesh. Bad enough dealing with all those pissed-off women. Now I have to worry that they may NOT be sluts after all?

I canā€™t winā€¦

iā€™m a white male in my 50s. i have routinely demanded a reason for providing identification any time iā€™ve been asked by an officer since i was in my 20s. i have sometimes refused to provide it if the reason seemed inadequate. at no point over the last 30 years have i ever been arrested, threatened with arrest, or cuffed as a result of my demanding a reason and/or refusal to provide i.d.

so my answer to your question would be ā€œno. at least not in my case.ā€

18 Likes