2 Likes

Doesn’t his tongue ever dry out?

2 Likes

Hey! I have one of those!

1 Like

A cat? A fireplace?

A. . . tongue?

6 Likes

Has that cat been drinking superglue again?

3 Likes

Best part – 34:28

Yeah, what’s the deal? Is he okay?

2 Likes

My guess is that he has some sort of chronic breath obstruction. Would explain the snortling noises and the need to breathe through his mouth. Poor thing.

3 Likes

Some cats stick their tongue out when they’re feeling very satisfied. I wouldn’t be alarmed.

2 Likes

Isn’t it a loop? He probably puts his tonge back in his mouth after a few minutes IRL.

EDIT: whoah, it’s not a loop.

2 Likes

From the Repository of All Human Knowledge…

Like the more famous Grumpy Cat.

1 Like

Dude, its, like, totally not a loop!

1 Like

Oh. Wait. I didn’t realize it was a fireplace.

It is a several different cuts spliced together, though. If you watch for a while you can catch it.

Bah, humbug.

(That is one hell of a cute cat, though.)
2 Likes

Yeah, not a loop or robot. One real content cat enjoying the radiant heat from a gas fired… erm , fire.

2 Likes

Turn him upside down and …

well, never mind

1 Like

They need to be together!

1 Like

She’s actually a dwarf. She has no teeth and is polydactyl (22 toes total). Her tongue hangs out all the time because she’s got a radically underdeveloped lower jaw, but she eats just fine, if a bit sloppily. She’s otherwise healthy, and behaviorally is just a happy little stubby-legged cat.

She’s not a good jumper, but is an excellent waddler and (with 22 claws) climber.

One of our vets had an office cat that had the sort of breathing obstruction you’re thinking of - though not a Persian, his face was “smushed” so his nose wasn’t quite set up right. His name was Smeegol, because he had a puffball toy that he was utterly obsessed with…he’d carry it around constantly, and he did would make loud, Gollum-like wheezes through it. But, again: active, happy, cared for.

Such cats require extra, and not inexpensive, care - Smeegol needed regular eyedrops and special food because of nutrient malabsorption issues - and I’m always happy to see them in good homes with people willing to put in the extra effort and expense.

3 Likes