Man took skin from hospital. It's still missing

[Permalink]

3 Likes

I’ll let someone else go for the inevitable “Buffalo Bill from Silence of the Lambs” post. That fruit is too low-hanging for me.

7 Likes

He’s a sales person for that product, so my guess is that he’s diverting it to another customer.

5 Likes

I realize there’s a very good, very detailed analysis out there somewhere, but I inevitably think, how do they determine the value of skin? I realize hospitals have a method for coming up with the price of organs, but it always intrigues me.

3 Likes

It puts the lotion-- do’h!

3 Likes

$357,000 worth of skin? How much is that by the yard?

5 Likes

Have they checked his forehead?

4 Likes

Delaware County is not in Delaware, Rob. The Delaware River runs through quite a few states.

This guy is Pennsylvanian.

I know a guy with a very similar name, but it’s not the same guy. Whew.

1 Like

He’s probably got skin in the game.

7 Likes

I donated my father’s tissues after he passed away a few years ago. After hearing about this investigation by NPR and the Center for Public Integrity, I would not make the same decision again.

http://www.npr.org/2012/07/17/156876476/calculating-the-value-of-human-tissue-donation

1 Like

What a multiple layered skinned bastard!

1 Like

Or he’s a really big Dylan Thomas fan.

2 Likes

“Hey, man, gimme some skin!”

“Okay!”

3 Likes

I don’t see the problem. If I’m dead, what do I care what my body parts are being used for?

2 Likes

I don’t get the relevance of the animation?

2 Likes

Treating burn victims is one thing. Elective cosmetic surgeries is another. It’s a lightly regulated industry with large profits that doesn’t always represent what they could be doing with the recovered tissue.

For profit tissue banks turn human tissue from a gift into a commodity. It’s disrespectful to the deceased to profit any more than absolutely necessary from a donation. It’s not like there’s a shortage (as there are with internal organs).

Radiolab did similar feature on the (big) business of blood donations. http://www.radiolab.org/story/308780-blood-banks/

Please, do whatever you want with your body. I just don’t want to be a part of this industry as it is.

7 Likes

Preemptive John Wayne Gacy/Buffalo Bill reference?

OK, now I’m even more confused…

follow the thread and you will piece it together

5 Likes

I sew what you did there.

3 Likes