VA health system has ordered $300,000 worth of body bags for COVID-19 victims

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/04/30/va-health-system-has-ordered.html

2 Likes

Oh great, now people are going to start hoarding these things for personal use just like the toilet paper.

self-sealing

15 Likes

Why does this feel like money laundering?

1 Like

Could make a good tent for the homeless.

The current administration is working hard to put as many homeless veterans in body bags as possible.

14 Likes

I’ve seen a fair amount of chatter in med-Twitter that some institutions are double-bagging bodies with confirmed COVID19 infections.

6 Likes

That headline reads as “Virginia” to me.

6 Likes

Never before have I pondered ‘how much does a body bag cost?’

What interesting times we’re living in.

8 Likes

broadchurch-sad|nullxnull

6 Likes

I’ts not like you can recycle those things and if I recall ISO sells for as much as the the government allows. This crisis isn’t over just because the President and his son-in-law say it is.

4 Likes

https://bodybagstore.com/ is something I expect to be a joke in a near future scifi satire.

3 Likes

Huh, only $20 for a self sealing, totally water- and bioproof body bag? Now that I think about it that’s actually a great system for long term bulk goods storage. If I were at all inclined towards prepping I would totally have all my rice and beans in one of those.

4 Likes

Not ideal for beans and rice and foodstuffs because vermin could get into it without much difficulty.

Probably okay for guns and ammo though, freeing up your empty ammo boxes for food storage.

As I write this, I can’t tell if this is sarcasm/satire/silly/serious any more…

Jebus…

5 Likes

From the website…

“Due to high demand, we are backordered on several body bag styles. You may wish to consider our mortuary shrouds or liners as an alternative.”

5 Likes
5 Likes

Just what we needed, more plastic.

1 Like

I know - I’ve always just made do with visqueen and duct tape…

2 Likes

Would not be the first time that the government used US soldiers as guinea pigs, either. Fucking shameful.

7 Likes

That’s a bargain, I could get into that

Self sealing?

1 Like