Montana is so afraid of fake nipples they want to jail people who show them in public

[Permalink]

1 Like

This is bad news for KHAAAAAAAN!

1 Like

7 Likes

“…or exposes the areola or nipple of the person’s breast…”
Take special note nippled MT gentlemen.

3 Likes

3 Likes

Caaaallllll the pollllliiiiiiceeeeeeeeeeee

3 Likes

As unperturbed as I am by nipples in public, be they male or female, I can appreciate the sentiment behind this law. First, it’s a community standard, and I think communities should be able to set their own standards for indecency (within reason). Second, it makes total sense to me that in a place where public nudity is not allowed that a person with a merkin and rubber phallus covering their actual genitals should be considered just as indecent as someone who wasn’t wearing anything at all. Or maybe I’m just a prude.

@daneel: I actually found that one of the more disturbing images when I was a kid. Then I realized I think I actually have a trip-nip, which by the by looks nothing like the picture (they got the placement all wrong).

1 Like

The best part is the invocation of the “reasonable man” legal theory/standard. How often is a lawmaker honest and considerate enough to specify right in the law that he is being totally unreasonable?

@waetherman, as I understand it, the point of disavowing the reasonable man is that this law is not a community standard. The author wants to impose it on communities that would not be offended or alarmed, because apparently he thinks Montana community standards are far too morally loose.

7 Likes

Apparently the guy behind this is mostly upset about naked bicyclists, yoga pants and speedos.

“Yoga pants should be illegal in public anyway,”

1 Like

So the entire state of Montana, all 147,164 square miles, is a single community?

14 Likes

It’s dead, Jim. Cooler heads have prevailed!

Somehow I expected Montana to have a nipple problem.

1 Like

Creeping Sharia.

5 Likes

Mamillaphobia. Mamilla is Greek for “nipple” + phobia.

I can’t take “fully opaque covering” seriously until they define the range of electromagnetic wavelengths under consideration. Visible light? UV (what’s the SPF?) Terahertz? (I can use it at airports.) X-ray?

7 Likes

So women can’t breast feed in public?

Everyday I am more sympathetic to the idea of independent floating communities on international waters.

3 Likes

Well that was the post on BB originally, but the language of the legislation doesn’t actually support the idea of banning yoga pants, so it’s not clear that the two are linked.

"Moore also said yoga pants should be illegal. "

http://www.yakimaherald.com/news/elections/latestnationalelections/2910437-8/montana-lawmaker-offended-by-yoga-pants

1 Like

Apparently Montana thinks it has some kind of right to not be offended.

1 Like

When fake nipples are outlawed, only outlaws will have fake nipples…

12 Likes