Ninja of Die Antwoord talks 'CHAPPiE' with Boing Boing's Xeni: here's a teaser for our full-length interview

[Permalink]

1 Like

So what about this?
http://www.citypress.co.za/entertainment/die-antwoords-ninja-pure-evil/

“I don’t ever want to be in the same room as him again,” said Blomkamp of Ninja, according to sources.
They say this was because of the way the hard-core zef rapper treated fellow cast and crew on the set of the sci-fi film.

After the production took a Christmas break – and as Hollywood star Hugh Jackman flew into the country to shoot his scenes – the production was informed of a script change.

Jackman’s character was supposed to have interacted with Ninja’s character – a gangster who abducts security robot Chappie (Sharlto Copley) to use for his own evil ends.

Instead, Ninja was written out and the scene was given to Copley to handle.

“It was because he didn’t want Ninja back on set,” said a source, quoting a senior crew member.

This was confirmed by several members of the set.

2 Likes

So cool too see Xeni in action no matter who she talks with.

Last time that got posted people concluded that it was a publicity stunt.

As with many things, this interview teaser is greatly enhanced by YouTube’s automatic closed-captioning.

So this is like Short Circuit but with Ninja instead of Steve Guttenburg? I think I will stick with Johny 5!

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.