Ninja Turtles (2014) Trailer

Very sorry that you’re being forced to watch them. If you’re not, but are somehow accidentally walking into the theater, they usually do list the name of the movie on both the door of the movie as well as on the ticket. Here’s a list of the US films you should avoid.

It may be difficult for you to avoid, as as many as 5 (!) of the several hundred American movies made this year are projected to be big superhero movies. Stay safe.

3 Likes

after watching the recent superman short that used a drone to shoot all the flying, I realized that the tone and content of that tiny film captured the essence of superman far better than the most recent attempt for sure, if not some of the others. I wonder if we’re going to crest this “can we make it the ‘dark’ version of that?” phase and coming back to having some variation in emotional and aesthetic palettes for our superheroes.

Il think you’re trying too hard.

1 Like

Well it’s going have to be Marvel, because DC’s New52 company line is 'The 90s are back and GRIMDARK IS RADICAL". Really, they thing just because Batman can pull off (some) brooding everybody would benefit from doing it all the time.

2 Likes

So I guess hating on Michael Bay is become such a reflex action that we don’t even have to see the movie (or even more than one trailer) to dismiss it as horrible with a pithy, boring blurb. Yaaawn.

Michael, is that you?

2 Likes

He should reboot The NeverEnding Story. Instead of The Nothing being nothing, it could be a wall of explosions.

1 Like

I would eat him.

Be careful when eating Michael Bay.

4 Likes

I’d like him to remake The Greatest Story Ever Told.

1 Like

I was going to snark, but really, the trailer did it for me. I still am not sure if it was a College Humor parody or not.

As much as I like Eastman and Laird’s original series, I cannot resist referring to this as the Turd-le movie.

1 Like

I thought the humor was alright. Liked the joke in the trailer Michael Angelo takes off his mask to try to comfort Megan Fox (WHY WHY WHY HAVE WE NOT LEARNED) and underneath it he’s still a deformed mutant. That was good, but otherwise. Completely don’t know how I feel. I also got the the script at a previous job, but I just didn’t want to read it— may not even be the final script, but that’s serious disinterest… when you have the script beforehand, and you don’t even care to bother. Maybe it will be alright, but no high hopes here.

1 Like

Yeah - what is up with all those Gilgamesh movies?

I saw “Howard the Duck” as a kid and was apalled. Even my sister hated it, and she loved “The Goonies.”

As an a-dult I found a b&w “Marvel Essentials” (or whatever they’re called) of HtD in the local shop’s discount bin, and my fate was sealed. RIP Steve Gerber!

The closest I can come to describing HtD comics to an outsider is if “Last Guru” and “Alan Mendelsohn” era Daniel Pinkwater had been writing for Hellrider.*

Which I guess sums up a good chunk of the 70s.

* Why “Hellrider”? I’m not really sure. Substitute any comic.

1 Like

More to the point – why aren’t they Historically Accurate?!!!

[emphasis added to updated negative that was previously ommittedded]

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.