Nothing: Seinfeld supercut with no people

[Permalink]

Now i’m left thinking, “did music in the 90s emulate seinfeld, or did seinfeld emulate music in the 90s?”

4 Likes

Without a doubt, THE best episode of Seinfeld I’ve ever seen.

Signed,
The Only Person In The World That Loathed “Seinfeld”

7 Likes

Like the ending of an Antonioni film.

1 Like

What happened to Monica Vitti?

Not that there’s anything wrong with that.

5 Likes

Jerry, close the bathroom door, already!

1 Like

… and a perfect illustration of why I’m The Only Person In The World That Loathed “Seinfeld”. The watercooler catchphrase. Which I guess there’s really “not…anything wrong with”. People everywhere did them then, years before then, and to this day.

Just not “my cup of meat”, to quote Dylan.

1 Like

Not everyone enjoys schadenfreude in excess. I couldn’t stand Curb Your Enthusiasm either.

I wonder why the bicycle was hung in different places.

You probably didn’t like The English Patient either, eh?

1 Like

Around 4 minutes in it gets creepy.

I used to hate being prompted by canned laughter. Now I hate being prompted by canned funky-bass.

1 Like

I thought everyone knew that it wasn’t a show about nothing? Jerry Seinfeld addressed this himself on the Reddit AMA that he did recently.

I suppose the joke is that what most people perceive as “nothing” is actually “life”. Waiting for things to happen, making plans and watching them go awry, irritation with/ignorance of/deliberate contravention of societal expectations and norms, etc. Obviously it’s a show and unrealistic/wacky things happen, but I think it is difficult it was about nothing …or if it is about nothing, so is every other sitcom (and a lot of other stuff besides).

Kramer to George: “You’re wasting your life.”
George to Kramer: “What you call wasting I call living!”

Actually a keyboard doing the work.

I assure you that you are not alone there.

A decent read that.

If you take notes while watching the first half-dozen/ten episodes - where Jerry and George are writing the script for their pilot - you’ll see that what they’re writing is the script of the first episode.

Needs more Garfield.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.