Ouya open-source game console: not yet, says Kotaku

Stephen Totilo: "The lack of polish and tolerance of sloppiness on Ouya are the things that most make the console feel cheap. … The extent to which things are improved—the extent to which the Ouya “just works”—will indicate how serious and how capable the Ouya people are about running a platform gamers can support and… READ THE REST

I signed up as a KS backer for Ouya within the first week of the campaign. 2 weeks ago I threw in the towel and demanded a refund. And I had to demand. Repeatedly.

The company repeatedly failed to deliver on promise after promise, the customer service department is woefully inadequate for the task at hand. The users who did receive their units reported mixed experiences at best. I’m now proud to say that I have nothing whatsoever to do with that company.

I supported the OUYA for one purpose: Slap a bunch of emulators on it and have a fist-sized NES, SNES, Mega Drive and possibly NEO GEO machine with two decent controllers hooked up to my TV. So far, my OUYA is stuck at customs and the delivery note indicates that for some reason only one of the two controllers I paid for will be in the package.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.