Pizza-slicing scissors

Shaped charge is possibly an overkill. Likely would not be possible to make accurate enough to not scatter pizza pieces across the room.

However, another technology is lending a helping hand: a waterjet cutter.

Used on the frozen pizza but anyway. And waterjet is a mainstream tech used for cutting food, as it has numerous advantages against using blades or wires.

2 Likes

pfft, just make a cro-moly inverse form of the sliced pizza and stamp press the suckers. heat up the stamp to 800F and you’ll even get extra char.

2 Likes
2 Likes

Isn’t there a bit in one of Gibson’s novels with a woman using a water knife to cut pizza?

That’s one of those that I referred to as poorly performing CO2 lasers. :stuck_out_tongue:

Not sure. Didn’t read much of fiction lately. :frowning:

OMG, is that one of those hot-dog-bite-crust-pies?

#NOM NOM NOM

Hungary, too. I got used to knife-and-forking slices, but would eat it with my hands in Pizza Hut.

A waterjet cutter can slice through a pizza like it wasn’t even there:

Plus, no burned edges like you get from a laser. Waterjet cutters are used to slice all sorts of food (very little water is needed so it doesn’t even get noticeably wet)

Why not just make the pizza the right size to start with?

Manners be damned, I don’t like food on my fingers, so I’ll keep eating pizza with a knife and fork. And pizza isn’t a pie, either.

#IT’S A SAVOURY (filled) PIE YOU UNCOUTH B*****D!

A filled pie (also single-crust or bottom-crust), has pastry lining the baking dish, and the filling is placed on top of the pastry but left open. (source)

There are some pizzas called “double-crust” which have a top crust. They’re okay, sometimes.

1 Like

Wrong. Pies are pastry crusts that have been filled. Discounting shepherd’s pies and the like but they have a qualifier for a reason. Pizza is a bread crust that has been topped. Those double crusted pies. Again bread but this time stuffed as the terminology goes. It its only the Chicago deep dish that I can think of that might technically qualify as a pie. It is indisputably filled, though its crust sits somewhere between pastry and true breads. Somewhere to the left of the American biscuit and other quick breads.

It tickles my funny bone that even on non cooking forums pizza arouses such passion.

Now, the evil heston Blumenthal on my shoulder wants me to make a miniature Dyson sphere pizza. Must! Resist!

Can you make a Klein bottle or Möbius Strip pizza?

3 Likes

Fuck. Don’t give me ideas!

(A series of horizontal rods connected to a vertical plane could give support to a dough structure capable of resembling
)

Gah, I have a kitchen to clean! :smile:

1 Like

I tried looking for one on google images, but came up short. They all looked like even-twisted toroids. If I could just find a single breadstick ring with five or seven twists, it could plausibly be called a Moebius breadstick.

1 Like

Of course, Chicago deep dish doesn’t really qualify as “pizza” by any objective measure.

I’ll except it as pizza. But I reserve the right to point to it as weird and an anomaly. Its the only type where the bread isn’t the point.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.