Popehat's #Gamergate rants

It’s a vent hole Mike :wink:

Which is kinda on topic. heh

5 Likes

I’m sorry. You appear to have lost sight of the original meaning of the phase. If the cookware was never designed to be anything but “black”. there’s hardly any shame to it. No, we are speaking of cookware that needs a good cleaning.

This is a black pot

And this is a black kettle

2 Likes

Mea culpa. Google search of “black pot” and laziness. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I’d guess that it’s actually a pressure valve, or something of that nature.

That’s a nice kettle, I like it. That pot’s an asshole though. LIKE ALL POTS!

4 Likes

Well, when you refer to the men by their full (or last-only) names, but refer to the women by their first names, it sheds a light on some of your perspective.

6 Likes

I actually have a ceramic pot (art object) with an audio jack. It was called a “sonic vessel.”

##NOTALLPOTS

4 Likes

I choose not to believe you.

I just want to live in a world where high-fidelity cookware is a thing.

4 Likes

You’re making an arbitrary binary distinction between tea kettles and pots that denies dignity to teapots.

1 Like

If @teapot had any dignity he wouldn’t keep getting banned all the time.

7 Likes

Just being pedantic, but I have to point out that this is hardly a tic reserved for the one side. Anecdotally, I see just as many Sarkeesian/Quinn supporters doing the first-name-basis thing (I’m guessing it’s more of an in-group/ownership play, in those cases). And I’m just as irritated in those instances, personally.

That’s as close to a both-sides/equivalency position as I’ll get on this issue, though. Gamergators, and their “but, journalism!” smokescreen, are deserving of all the ridicule they receive, and more.

1 Like

Yep. It happens a lot.

In my pathetic defense, I was trying to be over-the-top, but failed miserably, pissing off a lot of people. And then dug in my heels.

I’m certainly noticing it more. Good that I’m noticing it, bad that it’s there to be noticed.

3 Likes

of -this- discussion, in this forum, and on this topic. it is.

MAYBE in another time and place, under just the right optics, and with just the right narrative…

Nice link. I appreciate your class. :wink:

GG is a hashtag. The only identifying characteristic of participants is that they’re self-identified using the hashtag. Your phantom freedom fighters for truth, justice and the gamer way, would be, by their very nature, not gaters…

3 Likes

Well you wouldn’t want to try to determine whether your chilli is done with low fidelity auscultation like some kind of caveman…

3 Likes

Ugh. Looking Dona Riley up, almost all of her publications seem to be postmodern gibberish like that rather than real engineering research. I feel sorry for her students at Smith (not that women interested in becoming engineers would likely go to Smith, but still…)

A new tactic for GamerGate, maybe, but, wow, a blast from the past for me, it’s been a while since I saw a “the lurkers support me in e-mail!” out in the wild!

4 Likes

Plus ca change and all that.

Maybe there’s hope for the white rhino after all!