Presidential candidate Ted Cruz's burning flag Al Jazeera logo

3 Likes

But I don’t wanna burn my flag

If I was Soy Ink’s CEO I’d be talking to my attorneys right now.

4 Likes

Of course, that’s why his real campaign website is at the appropriate 2-letter country TLD:
http://www.TedCruz.ca

4 Likes

I hope he hasn’t registered tedcruz.sucks yet.

How well does it fit a poop emoji? :hankey:

2 Likes

his staffers are also arrogant jerks. as a texan he’s my (you have no idea how pained i am to say it) senator. i’ve called his and cornyn’s offices at points to offer criticism or suggestions. cornyn’s staffers have always been polite if apathetic to my opinions when they realized it was opposed to cornyn’s but cruz’s staff have been antagonistic and abusive when i’ve tried to voice an opposing view.

5 Likes

That thought is both amusing and terrifying in equal measure.

The “Bumbling, upper-class idiot” act transplanted to the states is just insane enough a plan to actually work.

For the record there’s a very strong legal argument to be made that the Equal Protection Clause of the 14th Amendment changed the rules so that any U.S. citizen should be allowed to serve as President even if they weren’t “natural born” citizens (which most people can agree Ted Cruz is anyway, even if he was born abroad).

“All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the state wherein they reside. No state shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any state deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws.”

The problem is that a would-be candidate would have to argue this all the way to the Supreme Court to definitively settle it one way or another, and it’s highly unlikely any major party would back a candidate whose legal eligibility wasn’t 100% guaranteed. If the “natural born” hurdle is ever overcome it will probably be through a Constitutional Amendment.

2 Likes

Looks like the logo of PTT, the state-owned oil company of Thailand.

Ted Cruz already has a visual gimmick: his Eyebrows Of Faux Concern. But I guess you can’t make a logo out of that.

2 Likes

The list of paid off puppets reflects what low esteem and respect the Koch bros. et al have for the American suckers, I mean voters, they’re conning with their snake oil brand of patriotism and religiosity.

2 Likes

Wouldn’t that only be relevant if one or more states were insisting on restricting presidenthood to persons born only, rather than naturalized?

There doesn’t seem to be any language there affecting the federal government’s ability to do any of the things that the states are forbidden to.

This is totally it man. You know someone in the design process has seen this printed on something.

IMO it’s actually a damn good logo and Cruz’s is an improvement on the soy ink one and I say this as someone who hates the GOP.

Also, it’s entirely not a surprising basis for a logo.

“We are the keepers of the flame of liberty; we hold it high for the world to see.” -Ronald Reagan

1 Like

The 61st amendment?

1 Like

With money and influence the KockBros will buy an image of nice old farts that wouldn’t harm a fly

These two sociopaths have done more damage to the USA then can be imagined, and that’s what we know of, the hidden debacles would scare the poop out’a you.

Remember the Te@Baggers are the swine that were invented by the KockBros.!

1 Like

You’re right! Or at least, you would be, if he was REALLY born in Canada

What amuses me about the Canada controversy is that Cruz’ family are from CUBA which sounds like the stuff of Conservative nightmares. First, a black president with a Muslim-sounding name, and next a Cuban president who is practically a Castro sleeper agent FFS! Some conspiracy nutter out there has got to be stewing on this one. XD

2 Likes

You don’t have to remind me. That’s what I was saying. We’re on the same page.